nycfatcow

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
now that i have upgraded my lighting systems to MHs....the canopy wouldnt fit into the tank with the HOB filters...so if id rip those off...i would lose about...1000gph...of flow...i was thinking about getting 2 seios...about 800 gph each and shoot them on opposite ends....as for my filtration goes....i have the sump...would that be enough to keep my tank clean? ohh yeh i also have about 80-100 lbs of LR....in the 75G tank....

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
nycfatcow said:
now that i have upgraded my lighting systems to MHs....the canopy wouldnt fit into the tank with the HOB filters...so if id rip those off...i would lose about...1000gph...of flow...i was thinking about getting 2 seios...about 800 gph each and shoot them on opposite ends....as for my filtration goes....i have the sump...would that be enough to keep my tank clean? ohh yeh i also have about 80-100 lbs of LR....in the 75G tank....

Lose 1000gph?!?! :wow: How many HOB filters did you have?! If you are simply replacing the lost water flow, the SEIOs, obviously, would do a great job. If your HOB filters were also used for "cleaning" the water, some other type of filtration would now need to step up. You're being kind of vague in saying "keep my tank clean". Can you be more specific?

nycfatcow

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
yeh aquaclear 500's they push 500gph each...i have two of them on.....i was using my HOB filters somewhat as cleaning and more for flow...they had sponges and bioballs in them...but i heard that was a real nono (nitrite builder)....i have a 20g sump set up...think the cheatos would clean everythig up?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: