Rocks

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the Zuvo Water Purator to prepare their water? Seems to be cheaper to run then a Reverse Osmosis sytem. Plus it doesnt remove the trace elements, minerals that RO removes.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
i'm looking at it right now, and it claims to use UV and ozonization, but the unit has no plug, so i'm wondering if this is just BS. Plus I doubt it's any better than a brita pitcher if you want to try it for your fish tank. And I probably wouldn't use this, since the "Trace elements" your talking about in tap water includes things like copper, nitrates, and phosphates.

russellbravo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
the unit does come with a plug, (watch the video)

u can see the uv light up and ozone bubble up.

interesting. maybe you can email the manufacturer and ask for a water test report to see mineral ratings.

Last edited:

Rocks

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a report from the manufacturer, only thing is I've read they have pretty bad customer support. will try anyways. Probably will not be 0 tds.

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm looking to buy one. The reasoning is: I got $200 to spend at Amazon.com (card).
My reason for buying Zuvo is it is suitable for drinking water prep and it will suppsedly improve water quality to dump into my tank (currently I use only chemical clorine remover and NOTHING else to treat fresh water prior to mixing with salt).
The customer service rep was not able to confirm if the unit removes phosphates, but did say it removes chlorine.
Also, he mentoned that models: 130, 120, 125 and 140 all have the same guts and differ only visually.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I'm looking to buy one. The reasoning is: I got $200 to spend at Amazon.com (card).
My reason for buying Zuvo is it is suitable for drinking water prep and it will suppsedly improve water quality to dump into my tank (currently I use only chemical clorine remover and NOTHING else to treat fresh water prior to mixing with salt).
The customer service rep was not able to confirm if the unit removes phosphates, but did say it removes chlorine.
Also, he mentoned that models: 130, 120, 125 and 140 all have the same guts and differ only visually.

Why not just buy a ro/di then - especially since you are going to use it for drinking water as well?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: