Madman05705

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey guys are marine betta known as jumpers ?? Cas I left my cover off n I haven't seen my betta for 24 hours now n I got a brand new bicolor cleaner wrasse n he's been chasin around the betta .. So I woke up yesterday n my dog broke out his cage n I find him near my tank my dog is a shiba inu r they known to eat fish?? I move all my rock around n I don't see my betta at all damn this sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
They're not jumpers, usually they retreat into the rocks and hide. It very possible it's hiding in the rock, or around the overflow, and will come out later. Then again if you moved all the LR around, and didn't see it, it may have jumped or just hiding really good.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
sorry to hear about the fish, but it reminds me of the old "my dog ate my homework,seriously" line.

Like stated before betta's tend to hide.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yes shiba inu dogs are jap dogs. And they have a very strong background of destroying animals. Ground hogs. Birds. Mice. Anything. Is there a chance your dog at it. Very high. Did it jump out is what you have to find out cause I dont recall any story of bettas jumping. Anything is possible though so you never know. How big was it because they are extremely good at hiding. He very well could of crammed itself into a small hole in some lr. I don't think they hide in sand. But check everywhere. Did you actually take your lr out or just moved it around? maybe recheck your lr or just leave it alone and maybe he will come out eventually. Good luck finding it

Madman05705

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I remove my big lr I turn off the lights no luck I knocked down my whole lr set up no luck He was almost 5 inches when I get back home I'm going to remove all my lr I check my water 0 nitrite 10 nitrate. 0 amonia n my temp is 78 lol at dog ate homework I wish it was home work that my betta : (

dannyl

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think your dog ate it. One day I was sitting down on my couch and my dog came over, sat down next to me and placed a dead chrome next to me. I looked at it and then I looked at him and said hey.... It must had jumped out by accident and died on the floor and my dog found him. The reason why I said my dog found it dead was because I didn't even find a bite mark on the fish so it must have been on the floor for awhile.

Madman05705

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Guess wat guys my betta is alive my gf calls me last nite cas she sees him I turn on the light he shoves himself in my tonga branch lr. There's a small deep gap at the end of the branches he's so slick funny thing is I pulled that lr out lookin 4 him wow

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
hey awesome man! thats what i though. i was gunna say i never heard of a marine betta jumping. did you give that betta a time out for being such a pain in the butt and causing you all this stress? lol he was playing hide and seek. your g/f won

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: