mandarin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is probably a newbie question, but there seems to be a bubble growing in the middle of my frogspawn. It first appeared in one of the heads a few days ago and has now appeared on another. The tentacles do not appear to be bothered and seems to be doing OK, although I have seen it look better. I would post a picture as well, except that I cannot get the pic to load right. If anyone has any experience with this and can offer some advise it would be greatly appreciated.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
In most cases, it's preparing to split that head. Over the next few weeks, 2 heads will develop. It's a good sign of a healthy frogspawn. Hammers also grow in this fashion. No action on your part is required.

Dean

mandarin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Deanos, that truly relieves some stress on my part. I was worried for a while. One more question, after the heads split, how do I break them apart? There will then be a total of five heads.

weenjoyx

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
splitting

i had a 2 head frogspawn that is now 22 heads- they multipled like crazy for me in less than a yr-
yes dont worry about the bubbling in the middle- it is definitely splitting

mandarin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will try the target feeding, thanks for everyone's input, we are glad to know it's a good thing, it's my favorite coral. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE AND YOUR FAMILY.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: