Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I'm pretty happy with all of the changes I have made to my tank. Thanks to Tim, I have actually been able to get my tank back to where I can actually keep things alive! There is no way I would have had the time to do 4 or 5 major water changes and do the major cleanup job that had to be done.

I have upgraded my lighting, skimmer, returns, moved around my rockwork, cleaned the sump...

If anyone here is looking for someone to do maintenance, Tim is AWESOME and reasonably priced. He has done about 4- 40 gallon water changes and HE brought the water!

Anyway, my wife took some pictures. I will post them tomorrow. Pretty excited, it has been a LONG time since I was able to enjoy looking at my tank.

Now if I can just finish catching all of the predatory worms in my system. (Long story, I will post about it along with pictures later!) Needless to say, I can catch them, but it takes time and I ran out of bait. (Fresh shrimp)

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
These worms are pretty nasty. They reach 12+" in length and only come out at night.

I have had success using a homemade trap, so far I have caught about a dozen. In setting the trap the last time I saw one more trying to go for the bait. Unfortunately I upgraded my lighting and my timing is all screwy, so I have to wait until I have adjusted my corals to the more intense lighting before I can go back to hunting for worms.

Also, in general, I stay away from CB shrimp (They can be pretty nasty!) and wrasses because they would go after my cleaner shrimp and copepod population.

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My wife just took pics... It's a real hassle though, my USB port stopped working on my PC, so I have to transfer them out of the media card on my laptop, email them to myself then edit them in photoshop...

Tank is close to looking the way it did before the two blackouts...

-Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: