D

DEEPWATER

Can it be drilled with removing it from under my tank ,just draining out the water in the chamber that i want drilled?
Can anyone do it if poss,and how much?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
deep im not gonna put jose on the spot but i no he drills tanks and stuff. see if he would do it for ya.
cool.,,but can it be done without taking out of my tank ,I need my sump to be drilled for my skimmer ,powerheads realy sux ,I want to use and external pump ,it will work much beter on my skimmer ,and uses less wattage

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
you would need to pour water over the drill site to keep it cool, that would be hard to do with a sump still inline.it's not that hard to take the sump offline for about 1/2hr. it wouldn't take too long to drill, only a few minutes.why do you want to do it with the sump still inline???

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
yep. get a couple of 5 gallon buckets or 20 gallon rubbermaid tubs and empty it out.

You'd have to be REALLY carefull not to the the glass filings in the tank water if the sump is still full of tank water. If you just clean the place under the hole and tape a plastic bag to the tank (on the inside) it will catch most of the glass and the cutout as well.

B

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
joseney21 said:
you would need to pour water over the drill site to keep it cool, that would be hard to do with a sump still inline.it's not that hard to take the sump offline for about 1/2hr. it wouldn't take too long to drill, only a few minutes.why do you want to do it with the sump still inline???
Its more like a rufe ,Live sand ,Live rocks ,garf grunge ,some corals i didnt want in my main tank ,just a big PITA to take out ,maybe ill just order the dolphin dp 800 before drilling

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: