ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Just need to vent again...

New World Aquarium Update...

Tonight I went to New World and I'll never go there again except for exchanging the dry goods I picked up tonight for some live stock. Any comments on live stock from New World would be appreciated.

What happened was that I went to buy some fittings for a pump I'm changing out and I talked to some guy there,forgot the name, but he seemed very nice. So I asked him if there is a discount for manhattan reef members and he had some choice words to say about manhattan reefs. After he told me the price on the salifert test kits I told him I was going to hold off and maybe check the web. He then proceeded to tell me and I quote "I better not find you buying these on the internet after I spent all this time on you"

Prior to this he advised me that I was keeping my ph too low at 8.2 and advised me to raise it to 8.6. Further, when we were talking about skimmers I mentioned deltec and he looked at me as if I had "two" heads.

Just want to be clear. I'm not saying this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. I am a newbie and have a lot to learn.

After I take back the filter socks, and calcium supplements he sold me and exchange them for live stock I will never darken their doors again.

I support local fish stores and want to see them succeed but not at the expense of getting insulted when I mentioned that I was going to shop elsewhere.

Return policy is horrible. Didn't see it posted anywhere in the store so unfortunately I only have store credit.

Live and learn. Wish I did a search for New World Aquarium before I visited the place.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sounds like SOP. (Standard Operating Procedure)

Sad thing is that I used to support them big time, even though their prices were crazy because I know how expensive it is to have a business in NYC. But I refuse to do business a certain way.

-Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: