ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Ok. Some of you have seen the post on my recent experiences and others who have had horrific experience especially with the name calling, juvenile behavior and expletives which are downright unacceptable

So I have to go back and exchange two filter socks and a contraption which holds the filter socks in place, BI-IONIC and the fittings that don't work.

I'm looking to get some live stock and need some advice.

Specs=70gallon high (36.5x18.5x24)
Inhabitants: 1 Large Yellow Tang (4"), 2 Percs, 1 Small Hippo Tang (2"), cleaner shrimp, whole bunch of snails, hermit crabs, 2 emerald crabs

Was thinking of getting some chromis but am concerned about increasing my bio load since I think you need at least four or five to school together so they won't attack each other.

Don't like wrasses or gobys. What other fish would be recommended and can I get another cleaner shrimp?

I have about $85 before tax as a credit when I exchange.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Was thinking of getting some chromis but am concerned about increasing my bio load since I think you need at least four or five to school together so they won't attack each other.

I have four of them in my 72, they school together but they still fight around among themself sometimes.....it's not really a problem....and as for bio load, they are small fish, so they don't really contribute too much on bio load. I like to see them schooling around. :)

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Yeah I agree with Michael. Anthias are finnicky from what I understand. I think maybe some chromis. Question is how many? and a soft coral if my credit lasts that much LOL:)

How about four green chromis, and a cleaner shrimp and whatever is left over get some carbon and filter socks if they have them that tie around the return line?

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how about some Banggai Cardinals they school, and are peaceful they also breed in the tank (mouth brooders)
chuck

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i'm not a big fan of cardinals. they just don't have any personality. they just sit there.

How about a purple firefish, a royal gramma or a regular firefish?

and you can get another cleaner. if you want them to mate, get one that's either a lot bigger or a lot smaller than the one you currently have.

B

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Ink:

Now that's funny! Don't know if anyone here woud even accept a credit at that store:)

I probably would have to discount the credit from face value due to the aggravation (sp?)factor.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
get a scooter blenny or two- they are really differant, have lots of personality and are funny to watch as they 'walk' around. they also like to crawl on the bottom of the tank, so they add a nice layering of fish as you would have some up top and a few on the bottom!

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks everyone for the input. How about a flame angel?

Ink: I'd just use the cash if they gave me a refund to spend on more stuff for the tank but at least I'd feel better giving the cash to another fish store.

I was there tonight and the guy that told me that he'd better not find me ordering on the internet was somewhat amiable tonight. He wasn't the owner.

After I figure out what live stock to get I'm done with that place.

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
ECFencing,

I don't know if you made it to the Christmas thing but, if you get a chance, you should check out Sean's place, Aquatic Creations. The prices are on par or better than most fish stores and Sean is very knowledgeable. He also has a very good selection of dry goods. Plus he cares about the hobby. I have been there and had good experiences.

E

ezee

Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
ECFencing,

In Brooklyn and very easy to get to by subway. Take any train to the L train that runs on 14th in Manhattan and take it to Lorimer street (just a few stops). When you get there the store is about 3 city blocks away from the station. Let me know what you think!

E

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: