John

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
12   2   0
Was wondering if this guy would fit in my 90G, if so do you think the bioload would be too much? Also anyone know if he is reef safe? I wouldnt want him bothering any of my shrimp or corals.
Thanks.

Big Fish

ReefLover

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Answer to your questions is NO, you need atleast a 300 gallon tank for a black tip reef shark, there is a guy on the net that built a custom 1,700 gallon tank for his. Althought the price for it so far is good, as they go for somewhere in the 1,500-2,000 price range, so you have to see where the auction ends, and also it is about 250.00 for it to be shipped, please dont buy this on impulse, this is a GEM of an animal and requires a large enclosure. Just so you know this is truly a shark in every sense, it has to swim constantly to live, unlike a Nurse shark or a Wobbagong shark from Australia where they can sit at the bottom of your tank and just hang out, this animal will get about 3 1/2 feet in a controlled environment (TANK) slightly bigger in the wild, hope this helps....Ivan! Here is the link to the largE tank http://groups.msn.com/TheSharkTank/shoebox.msnw

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: