Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
WOW, is all I can say....as everyone said to do I cleaned the entire tank of its sand and green water.....I cant even begin to explain what the sand looked like at the bottom, nasty greyish/black smelling crap is the extent of it, plus if that wasnt the worst than try having some rocks turning black as well....but the smell was overwhelming and quiet frank some of the most disgusting stuff i have seen, i was dry heaving lol ....

Anyway just wanna say thanks to all those that helped...tank is cloudy now but put in new sand and the rocks back in.....

One question since i cant see much and i have about 10lbs of rock left to put in can i leave them in a bucket with water all my acceseries (heater, powerheads etc..are now back in tank)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yea good for you chris u took the intiative to take out the yucky sand. the thing i learned when i start up my 75 gallon im just gonna do about 2 inches of sand so my goby and nass. snails will be happy. the rest of the sand will be in sump where its easier to change rather than ur display tank. yes u can do that with the rock def. put in a powerhead or something to move the water so it doesnt get stagnate as ming said. good job hopefully it clears up soon which it should in a day or 2 then take some pics and post them. well ttyl PISANE lolz.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: