ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
wanted to know if anyone has taken a trip out there? its in lancaster pa. pretty decent trip. took me 3 1/2 hours. but we also stopped at cabela's on the way. let me just say though, i went to that pet place yesterday and wow. i cant think of one thing they did not have! from LED structures, crazy corals, tanks from 5-2000g in stock for sale, custom sumps and skimmers. amazing! also i found out the old vice president of that pet place is now the owner on Aquaticlife. so...everything by Aquaticlife company they have for sale at AWESOME prices. my friend kenny, also from here, kvh###, got a 6 bulb t-5ho fixture from aquaticlife from there for 400 bucks, with a fully replaceable guarentee from them. live stock was also amazing. 9 different types of lr. 100's of salt fish. alot of rare butterflys, puffers, and angels. a 3,000 gallon petting tank with sting rays and ect. plus they have random store tanks set up like a red sea maxx250, half circle, 55g rimless with stunner LED kit, a 155 custom wave tank with matching wave wall, a bio cube, and a tank i dont know the size. big lol. maybe 1-2000 gallons. AWESOME!!!! have you ever seen a fully open bubble coral 2 foot long? yeah...

if anyway wants to make a day trip to have some fun, id say go there. yes its a far trip, but the place is the size of walmart! they also have exotic animals, reptiles, dogs, ect... VERY cool place. and on the way you should hit up cabela! another amazing place if you have not gone yet.

www.thatpetplace.com
www.cabelas.com

just though id let you all know...

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I've been to That Pet Place and the staff weren't helpfull at all, in fact i asked a staff member about an air pump and got very bad advice, partially my fault because all the pumps in question seemed to be returned at some point ,that should have been a tell tail sign that the pumps were crap. The point is i wanted a good air pump and would have bought the more expensive Whisper 300 which i end up buying a few months later.Know exactly what you want before you get there because you will not get much good advice from them not saying there isn't exeptions to the rule.Btw they shipped me a Water Pump that was dropped while packing and they shipped it to me anyway that too was a piece of crap, don't know for sure if the impact with the floor had anything to do with that though.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
hmm... well i spoke to only 2 guys and they were very helpful. they did not care about the money either which i liked. two situations...

1. my friend kenny wanted the aquatic life HID fixture. we got there and they had them. they told him stright up no, get the 6 bulb t-5 because its much better and alot cheaper. he saved about 300 bucks alone there.

2. they have a tank maybe 55 foot long thats a coral tank with everything in it for sale. its there last row tank. recently the power circuit blew and the water drained out and the coral were out of water for a half hour. they COULD have told no one and just try to quickly sell it, but they are waiting a good month or more to see if they make it or decay. and if any decay they are going to donate them out to see if anyone can save them for free. no joke there was 3-400 corals in that tank!

i liked the service. they were young, but i did not judge them. i will admit one guy was a retard, but i noticed he was only a guy who was suppost to be carrying tanks outside for people, not helping at the information counter. be the 2 guys there and the girl was very nice. and signed us up for a membership and saved my buddy another 43 dollars on random stuff. very cool!

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
store prices were very nice. i liked that i did not have to say if something was say 50 bucks, will you take 40... they would openly say ill do 40 for that if your interested. ohh your a first time here? 15%! just random deals. plus there big savings tank thats not available online. online does not have everything they have in their shop.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
they just gave him like 20% for first time buying their. my friend got a metal halide bulb, it was marked 72 bucks. they gave him it for 50 because it was first time in the shop. i got a filter sock. buy one get one.

my buddy got a marineland tank. 65g corner overflow, custom stand lifted higher then alot most other stands, and a real nice slim canopy. 515 for the whole set up with a 100 dollar off any light fixture he buys within the next month from them...

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
store prices were very nice. i liked that i did not have to say if something was say 50 bucks, will you take 40... they would openly say ill do 40 for that if your interested. ohh your a first time here? 15%! just random deals. plus there big savings tank thats not available online. online does not have everything they have in their shop.
Well i must drove 3+ hours to the wrong place because they didn't offered me a damn thing in fact they didn't seem friendly at all.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Well i must drove 3+ hours to the wrong place because they didn't offered me a damn thing in fact they didn't seem friendly at all.
And i may add i spent over $300 and i never returned to that place but i ordered online though.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
yeah i mainly went to pick that tank up for my friend. but i could not resist lol.

and also cabelas was AWESOME. like 100+ massive animals stuffed like elephants, lions, bears, deers, alagators, ect... and that 50-60 foot mountain with crazy animals inside. i just played with all the bow and arrow guns and ect... its like an extreme hunting place. couple thousand gallon freshwater tanks there too...

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
here is cabelas...

cbf1fcac.jpg

b10bf981.jpg

ff17cac7.jpg

45f89496.jpg

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
its like the home depot for pets
fyi if you stop in a welcome center and get the PA welcome books there is a nice coupon in there!!!

armani4o3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
i go to tpp alot they send out 30% off coupons good for one item it saved me over $120 on my mp40 only bad thing is u have to use it during the week...75% of the fish there come fron o.r.a also

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: