lazyreefer

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hey guys question,

I used to use XM 10K SE 250W only with PFO refelectors on my 29 gallon AGA tank (bright as hell). But I wanted to have more blue look so I bought a XM 250W 20K to replace the 10K. The zoo's look amazing under this light but it is so dim compared to the 10K. I plan to get some sps in the future and I was wondering would the 20K be enough? will my zoos act neg because of lower intensity light? The bulb is about 9 inches off the water.

TIA

Tae

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Regardless that's still a lot of light over a 29 gallon tank. If you don't want the bulb to look as "dim" go with something like a 14K bulb, it should give you a nice color overall for the tank. You should still be more than fine to keep SPS, but as it's come to my attention there's a lot more to growing SPS than just the lighting.
-Kris

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
250w 20k, 14k, or any K is good enough on a 29gal

lazyreefer, I would be more worried about keeping temp, alk, cal, mag, nitrate, and phosphate stable at acceptable levels :D. Lighting will be your least challange.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: