jbjints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hello:

I went out and purchased the ReefKeeper Lite Net version and I had a few questions. Is there an iPhone app or phone app that can be used with the RK Lite Net? The iPhone app isn't as important as the PC version but I was just wondering. Is the RK Lite Net user friendly or is it complicated to set up and keep tuned?

I have heard lots of good things about the RK Lite and I am looking forward to using it but it won't be for another 2-3 weeks before my tank is set up =( but later is better than never.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Let me give you one recommendation, do not put any critical life support systems on this controller. Put your return pump, a powerhead, and your chiller on non-RKL power outlets. Assume that the system may fail at some point and all the ports that are controlled will be stuck in the off position.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
WOW! Is there a story behind this or perhaps a firmware upgrade that address it? To put all non-essential appliances on another power source kind of defeats the purpose for me. Do you have another low budget controller you'd recommend over the Lite?

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Let me give you one recommendation, do not put any critical life support systems on this controller. Put your return pump, a powerhead, and your chiller on non-RKL power outlets. Assume that the system may fail at some point and all the ports that are controlled will be stuck in the off position.

Yes, I just got a RKL and was thinking about the PH/Sal addon.

Please do tell why you think it will fail, Josh.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If the outlets fail they default to the default state YOU set in the programming. I have the RKL plus and have everything plugged in to 3 PC4. If for some reason my unit fails or becomes unplugged from a pc4 the outlets such as my return, heaters, skimmer default to ON as that's how they're programmer. Yes you can program them to default to off, which is how my lights all are, but otherwise all should be Default ON

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
since this is on-going, I have a question: Is the net module wireless? Was wondering because my wireless router is in the basement and tank is on the 2nd floor. Would be a pain to run an ethernet cable thru the house.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hello i just got the reefkeeeper lite plus been having problems setting it up. To change the names for the plugs im using

Are you using MyReef 2.0? Should let you label the channels in there... I'm still waiting for my SID to be upgraded so don't have a visual to confirm for you. Perhaps one of the other MyReef 2.0 users can confirm.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: