gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
glasscage tank

I am ordering a 90G tank from glasscages for someone. I need some good guide line for ordering, so I don't screw him. Here is my option listed,

90 Gal. Long 48 x 18 x 25
right corner overflow box
black overflow box acylic cover with teeth
one of each 3/4" return and 1" drain hole in overflow box
ship to Edison, NJ on 2/10/06.

I think I am going to put an order by this week.

I appreciate your valuable information in advance.

Last edited:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Jung, you won't be placing any orders this week, they won't be back until the 16th.

Don't expect a perfect tank..

1.5 inch drain and durso will need a huge box in a 90, how much flow is planned for the sump? A close loop or tunzes may be better for water movement in a SPS tank.

gforce6

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I thought they were on vacation, but I just received price quote from them. Just want to give them much time as possible til Feb 10th.

I think 600GPH for sump, tunze 6060 and seio 1500 will cover water movement for SPS.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Make sure that you specify that you want euro-bracing and do not want a center brace or you'll end up with what Steve got.

You need to specify where you want the drain & return holes specifically like: drain towards back corner and returns near front corner.

|----------|
| X
| O
| O
|----------|

(okay, this didn't come out correctly but you get the idea. x-should be in back right corner and o's should be to the front left corners)

Get the sched 80 bulkheads from them @ $15 a piece, it's not that much cheaper online (for larger sizes like 1.5" anyway)

If your friend doesn't want to paint the back, you can also have them cut a piece of acrylic to cover the back panel that matches the overflow cover color.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I was going to mention the bracing too. I have no idea what they were smoking when the put steves tank together. it's like they decided to experiment with a new bracing technique on his tank.

tell them no center brace, bracing around the perimeter, and extra bracing on the bottom.

to save you time you might as well tell them to leave off the black plastic trim, it's ugly and you will end up taking it off. it does nothing to hold the tank together, it just hides their mistakes. maybe if you tell them you don't want any on the tank they will do a better job. don't tell them I said that, lol ;)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
haha steve is right. I think it depends what kind of mood he's in as well.

I wonder if he's a morning person, or it's better to call later in the day? :P

When I spoke with them he was perfectly fine, but I did not ask a lot of questions, I just gave the dimensions and said build it as strong as you can. I think they did a great job on mine as far as strength, not so great on the details, but I don't care. it's in a stand anyway.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: