nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Was just looking around for a new powerhead and came across the Tunze 6060 for just about $140. Its rated at about 1600GPH and the only down side is it isnt controllable. Do you guys think this along side a seio 1500 and a maf 7 on the return would be good for my 65g? Do you think its a wise purchase?
-Kris

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I actually find it smaller than the seio's since theyre short and stubby....they arent controllable but look at it from the POV that you are gonna get full circulation constantly..constant turnover. Im very happy w/ mine as you mey very well know

BTW acropora.net has them for $127 i think

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Yea I don't mind the constant turnover if anything i can always decrease the seio's flow for the night or something.

Acropora.net has them for $137.19. If i order it tmrw i'll have it saturday. Just want some opinions on if its wise or not. Mothers throwing out a loan :D
-Kris

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Kris,

I have the 6060 as a spare - definate must for an sps tank man - worth the $$ if you ask me and is going to kick the seio's a$$ - I have a 6000 on a controller in my 180, yes only one. So, 6060 should rock your tank - I would venture to say you may even take the seio out. Dare I say less flow - be prepared for it to dig a hole in your shallow sand bed on the far saide of the tank - my 6000 pumps 6' and had cleaned the corner of my tank of sand - that's why I placed the anenome mushroom there.

Also, the 6060 only uses 15w and is great on a UPS backup

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
my 6060 uses 13 watts, that's what I love about it.

they also hold there value longer than any other pump.

try to sell the seio and see how much you get for it ;)

then again I know you are in this for the long term, that tunze should last you till you are my age :bigeyes2:

if not more :lol:

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Kris,

I have the 6060 as a spare - definate must for an sps tank man - worth the $$ if you ask me and is going to kick the seio's a$$ - I have a 6000 on a controller in my 180, yes only one. So, 6060 should rock your tank - I would venture to say you may even take the seio out. Dare I say less flow - be prepared for it to dig a hole in your shallow sand bed on the far saide of the tank - my 6000 pumps 6' and had cleaned the corner of my tank of sand - that's why I placed the anenome mushroom there.

Also, the 6060 only uses 15w and is great on a UPS backup

House

Jim,
Thats great to know. I can't wait to get the Tunze, I should have it early this week :D. I think it's going to over power the Seio as well. Can't wait to see how that goes. The wattage is a big plus, its going to replace a 315gph powerhead that uses 23 watts.
-Kris

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
jhale said:
my 6060 uses 13 watts, that's what I love about it.

they also hold there value longer than any other pump.

try to sell the seio and see how much you get for it ;)

then again I know you are in this for the long term, that tunze should last you till you are my age :bigeyes2:

if not more :lol:

Definately in it for the long run. For this tanks almost where I want it to be(again). After the Tunze all thats left is to save for a Ca reactor and the system should be extremely SPS friendly. If the Tunze lasts until I'm your age I think I'm gonna have a tank 10 times the size by then ;).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: