Pili

The Shrimp PIMP!!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to be setting up a custom 26g BB, SPS only tank in a few months. Total system volume will probebly be in the 50g range.

I need a little help with choosing an appropriate skimmer though. Probebly willing to spend up to about $400 and i have a few models that i've been looking at so far. Honostly though, i have no experience what so ever with BB tanks and skimmers in this catagory so i dont know what would be overdoing it or what would be too little.

Skimmers i'm considering:

-H and S 110-F2000 in sump --> Needle wheel

-Barr Aquatics SK1020 --> Becket Style, I already have a Panworld 100PX to run it.

-MRC MR1 --> Becket Style, Panworld 100PX

-ASM G-2 --> Needle Wheel

Any thoughts or suggestions?

edit: already have Panworld 100PX, not 50PX.

Last edited:

Pili

The Shrimp PIMP!!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As good as the deltec is, i think these could kick its but (besides the asm-possibly). Bigger skimmers and more powerful pumps and i have the room in sump so i figured why go for an HOB when i have the room (these just look cooler also :P ).

Pili

The Shrimp PIMP!!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats what i thought too.

Anybody think that a modded ASM (recirculating mod) will be as good as the beckets? The Needle wheels use so much less electricity than the beckets do.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
im going with the asm g3 for my 75 gallon tank. im gonnna order it this week or i think im gonna wait and see what my friend could do for me. if anyone else is intersted in asm g1 g2 g3 or g4 let me no i would like to tell him that i wanna do a group buy. so if anybody else wants one let me no and ill see what i can do.

Pili

The Shrimp PIMP!!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking about now getting the A110-F2000 which is the external version of the h and s i had listed above and putting it on my current 40g tank until i set up the sps tank. The thing is that my tank now doesnt have a sump but there is a ledge right behind the tank where i could place the skimmer and have the feed pump and return go straight back into the tank.

Anybody think that the micro bubble willl be really bad if i did this or anyway to make less micro bubbles without a sump and bubble trap? My remora now makes alot of micro bubble so if it isnt to much more, i could definatly deal with a few more since the skimming is so much better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: