Z

zoo zoo

Hey Folks,

We live in the Caribbean and my buddy and I will be visiting my relatives in NY in a couple weeks. We both are reefers and attempt at home to simulate the natural reefs we are blessed to have around the islands. We don't have any clubs here as the hobby is not popular for obvious reasons.
Is there anyone who will be willing to tell me where are the good public aquariums to visit in NY or NJ and/or any clubs or enthusiasts that we can meet? We are clueless to anything reefwise in NY. We would sure like to see some other tanks than our own.
Where do you guys get your frags in NY?

Please PM me if you like, I will give you my email address so we can arrange things...

Looking forward to making new friends!

Zoo Zoo.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
If you have a car and don't mind a 1 1/2 hour drive, you should definitely check out Atlantis Marine World in Riverhead on Long Island. It is a great small public aquarium that features a drop dead 20,000 gallon reef. If you contact the head curator Joe Yaiullo and tell him you came all the way from the islands he might even arrange a behind the scenes tour. You are also welcome to come visit my 4 public reef displays here on the campus of Pratt Institute in Brooklyn.

Randy

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: