GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anyone ever seen a tank with a fuge placed one level higher that the main tank. kinda side by side? i was thinking of trying this with a 20 and 10 gallon tank, the ten being the fuge. Maybe have an over flow with a return pump feed the fuge 12 inches up and the fuge feed the tank back on the opposite end of the main tank via gravity.

Does this sound like it can work? Guess its the same as a having the fuge below, but i was thinking how its pretty cool to look fugiums also. Has anyone seen a thread with this setup? Be pretty cool for a science class.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've seen them too. it's nice to have the fuge gravity fed into the tank, saves the critters from going through a blender to get into the tank.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Diagram.jpg

This was in herman's gallery

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
yeah, there is a little pump in the corner of the display tank in the diagram. I like the way House did his fuge better, I don't like having more equipment in the display than necessary.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Some of the "experts" had suggested gravity drain from a refugium to a main tank will ensure none of the pods you are encouraging to grow in the fuge will get chopped up(if you were pumping the water OUT of the fuge) on its way to the main tank, more live pods to feed the tank inhabitants. I personally don?t think too many gets killed by my Sequence, the clearance on a large impeller type pump is too large to trap and kill any significant amount of pods.

You?ll have to make sure your sump will hold the additional water in the event of a power outage or main feed pump failure, it?s like having two tanks sharing a sump.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
JH, thanks,

Chief - No, all drains lead to the sump except the fuge.

In the sump is a pump that feeds the frag tank, the fuge and the chiller - the chiller and the frag tank drain back into the sump - the fuge, however, drains into the main display. I have pics at home, but am at work - I'll post later on.

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: