D

DEEPWATER

I dont know ,I have been doing hte same thing as always ,Not changing a thing ,except using TM salt and nothing else ,still i do my Bi weekly WC as before.But its working better with TM for me.

R32Brightliner

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
I dont know ,I have been doing hte same thing as always ,Not changing a thing ,except using TM salt and nothing else ,still i do my Bi weekly WC as before.But its working better with TM for me.

Hmm...
Confounding variables. You changed your salt Ronen and said you stopped using additives. Hard to say which has caused you to start having coraline.

Now if you had a control group... :icon16:

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
froggiebunbun said:
what kind of salt were you using before ronen? I'm using Oceanic now and having no luck with coralline...maybe I'll switch since DRZL had done it and his tank is purpleeeeeeee.

lol...thanks but trusts me it gets annoying when you get semi-carpal tunnel syndrome the next day from a long night of scraping :irked:

IMO keeping your levels at appropriate levels (Ca/Alk/Mg/Sr/Am/No3) along with good flow should provide coralline growth BUT even though im not one into any snake oils, after I switched from Oceanic to TM, BIG DIFFERENCE....and all I did was change salt nothing else at that time.

Plus I got sick of the weird red coralline that would grow from oceanic salt. Not to mention when I would aerate my salt I would be able to pull out gunk off the residual foam...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: