D

DEEPWATER

Well 2 months or so now that i have started using tropic marin salt ,Im doing a bi weekly water change of 15 to 20 gals.1st off ,I got Coraline starting to grow on my glass thk g-d .lol My frogspawns are starting to split ,candy canes i got from yesssons(4heads) are now 6 or 7 heads .hammer are spliting .aside from the white dots on my zoos :irked: everything is great.
i stopped adding things to my tank and just use tropic marin salt with bi-weekly WC .Cheers for tropic marin good slat in my book ,I will post pic of the corals later tonite when i get in
Does anyone else use only tropic marin with WC only.I think its a great slat to use :smokin:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
WOW, good thing we don't have to pay the MSP.

I wonder what this is in the RC they refer to, "A special additive helps to detoxify excess heavy metals, such as copper, that are often found at elevated levels in domestic water supplies" that's the salt I'm using now.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
Im doing a bi weekly water change of 15 to 20 gals
have you been changing that much before? perhaps it is the large water changes (20%/week?). you might get such good results with any salt.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
alrha said:
perhaps it is the large water changes (20%/week?). you might get such good results with any salt.

heart_head_nod_yes_hg_clr.gif

A perfect example of attributing 2 actions (WC & changing salt) into one (changing salt).

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I went from Oceanic to TM regular and Ive been happy since, very good salt IMO, the trick is supposed to be that it is comprised of pharmaceutical grade products

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
what kind of salt were you using before ronen? I'm using Oceanic now and having no luck with coralline...maybe I'll switch since DRZL had done it and his tank is purpleeeeeeee.

glipper69

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It is more likely that because you are doing biweekly changes, you have had very good results. I do monthly water changes with reef crytals and have had exactly the same or better results.

Keep it up, and do whatever works for you.

Good luck,
Frank

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
alrha said:
have you been changing that much before? perhaps it is the large water changes (20%/week?). you might get such good results with any salt.
always did my bi weekly WC changes ,and if you remember i was having probs withthe coraline now after changing salt to TM ,my corals are slpiting much more then before

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
froggiebunbun said:
what kind of salt were you using before ronen? I'm using Oceanic now and having no luck with coralline...maybe I'll switch since DRZL had done it and his tank is purpleeeeeeee.
Reef Cyrstals

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: