D

DEEPWATER

Im getting a Tunze 6060 stream and a return pump for about 600gph ,would the Tunze be to much flow in my tank? 90 gal reef with sand bed.It 48"lx18Dx24H.I was thinking of putting the Tunze (when looking at the Tank) at the back right upper corner ,I may think about puttting in more SPS to try it out ,since im going to have more flow ,But back to the question ,would this be to much flow for the corals i have now ,Currently running a Pan world PS 150 .at about 10 ft head ,and MJ 900 .basically i have about 1400gph now ,and going to have about 2000 or so when i change over my pump and add th tunze ,what do you guys think ,Most of you saw my tank set wil my sand bed be blown all over the palce ? ,any info with ppl who have the 6060 or any type of info would help me greatly

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
345   0   0
nanoreefer22 said:
Ronen,
You should be fine. Why not go with a 6000 and have the option to control the amount of flow? So if it is too much you can dial it down however you like. The 6060 does put out some really nice flow though.
-Kris
cost is a more ,im tight with money and i have to get a return pump worse comes to worse ill sell the 6060 if its not good
One mor ething ,does the mag holder let the pump be positioned on an angle?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Ronen with all your zoos and softies a constant flow from a stream may not be good. I would get the controlable stream so it is not as destructive. With the magnets you get a 90 degree range of motion.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
jackson6745 said:
Ronen with all your zoos and softies a constant flow from a stream may not be good. I would get the controlable stream so it is not as destructive. With the magnets you get a 90 degree range of motion.
All my zoos :banghead: im thinking of using a 20 gal long that i got from 212jay and redoing my tank.so you think the controlable stream will be better!
k,have to save up for that I was also think of adding SPS in place of the zoos :knockedou

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I had problems with the frogspawn and giant mushrooms in my tank. they did not like the flow from the tunzes at all. I had to find them out of the way spots in the tank and try to arrange the flow so it would not hit them at all. they are happy now, but if I did not have a 5' tank it might not have worked.

druluv

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I took my 6060 out my tank, way too much flow if you have a sand bed. I do have 2 tunzes that use a wave controller, and a wave box. My 6060 is my New saltwater mixer in a 32 Gal trash can

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
345   0   0
druluv said:
I took my 6060 out my tank, way too much flow if you have a sand bed. I do have 2 tunzes that use a wave controller, and a wave box. My 6060 is my New saltwater mixer in a 32 Gal trash can
expensive salt mixer but less watts to do so ,LOL
Im selling this one and getting the 600 to controll the flow :smokin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: