janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
this was from the Atlantis Group buy '06

heres pic. its been 1 week since i pickup . I notice that at nite it extends like a 10th of the wayout . Seems like it don't like light ??/ weird ?? . Oh i have it near the bottom .

Attachments

• 100_1511.JPG
    100_1511.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 155

janey

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I have a 30 gal long. with sps, T5 hood with 6 lamps

the 1st 2 that turn on Aquablue + and Actnic + for 1 hour
then the other 4 are

2 Ocean white 10,000k
and 2 Daylight 10,000K

for 8 hrs
and then the Aquablue + and Actnic + for 1 hour

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Check this site out. It is filled with good info on gonipora.

http://www.reefcraze.com/index.html

Up until a year or two ago, it was next to impossible to keep gonipora for more than a year. But times are changing and many people are having alot of success with them, however, they require specific tank parameters. GOOD LUCK, :) !

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
noodleman said:
try blowing off all the dead flesh daily, and IME i find that dosing with iron and magnessium helps goniporas

I think u mean Iron and manganese, as the supplement from Kent

Be careful it has an effect on boost algae growth

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I thinkit one of the hardest coral to keep in an aquarium ,not many ppl have success with them so dont feel bad and dont waste you money ,JMO
heres a chart on them ,On thing i do think you should do is read more about the coral before buying it,As you are a beginner i dont think you shoud buy hard to keep corals ;It will save lots of time and money

Family: Poritidae
Polyp Size: LPS - Large polyp stony
Range: South Pacific
Color Form: Red
Ideal Supplements: Calcium, Strontium, Trace elements
Reef Compatible: Yes
Tank Conditions: 72-78?F; sg 1.023-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Water Flow: Medium to Strong
Light: High
Dominance: Aggressive
Placement: Low to Medium
Care Level: Difficult

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
its a beginners mistake many people make, I brought one when i first started becuase it looked nice and it was cheap. Oh yea keep your hermits off it, there feet might puncture the flesh and infect it and stuff liek that, atleast thats what i heard

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have a red one and it has been doing well for about 6 months now. I have read that the green and purple ones are almost imposible to keep alive for longer than one year. I have had both and they only lasted for about a month at best. Good luck.....

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
they are hard corals to keep in the 1st place.Most of the time they dont make it from shipping,I got one for sting on the broad only cuz he asked and i know that the coral was coming to a good tank,but i wont just buy them.take it out and smell the coral if it smells bad ,toss it out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: