coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
i recently got a neon dotty back from deathco..the other day... i was wondering what it would eat besides frozen food? would it eat flakes or cyclone- e?..i really hate my mysis...cause it clouds up the water...any help would be great. :)

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You really got a fish from a place called deathco? Thats funny man! They should be able to eat just about any kind of frozen meaty food. Jhale gave me demo of what happens when you throw Tobiko (smallorange sushibar eggs) in a tank. Can you say FRENZY?

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I had a large one( Pseudochromis Dutoiti) 3"+ for years and lost it in the blackout a few years ago....ate everything and very aggressive..it dismantled anything with legs except a large coral banded shrimp...I strain all frozen foods to remove the filthy packing water.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Give the fish an opportunity to adjust to its new environment. 1 day is too soon for a fish which I find very skittish. Once mine found a cave it felt comfortable in, it ate everything I fed it with a vengeance.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
First you need to realize that Dottyback or Basslet are a little different than other fish in that they never really lose their wildness behavior. Right now the fish is worried more about it's terroritory in the tank than it is about eating. Once it settles down and states out it's terroritory, which will by your whole tank, it will start to eat. Also if it hasn't already it will start to eat small things in your tank.

I've have had a # of Dottybacks for years that where still more concern over their space in the tank than eating when I feed the tank. That's just the way they are.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: