• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i started 24 hrs ago and see lots of detirius all over rock shold i stop i started due to phosphate is .80 hi.

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
150 gal tank 55 gal sump with macro 150lb rock 70 live other will be live in 1 to 2 month tank is 4 month old yes phosban reactor denitrate filter system and uv light 36 wts and 7 lrg fish trying to get rid of 2 fish . seabe anemone since 3 month growing big and buble anemone with 3 clown fish 2 inch filter sock

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
you have to dose both the MB7 and the Biofuel they work together to remove No3 and Po4 . With you just dosing Biofuel is not good thats wy your getting the cyana out break all overy . Your feeding the bac with Biofuel but dont have enough bac to feed so you have extra nutrients staying in the tank causing your out break . If dosed MB7 you will balance it out enough bac to feed on the biofuel.

mqur1963

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
where can i buy mb7 in nj i bougt bio fuel from ebay will take 3 to4 day to recieved if by on ebay does patsmart or petco sell these

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
No you cant us GFO but you must use carbo and the stone have to be shaken 2x a day and when you first start the stones you change them for the first time 4weeks after that 6week the stones get changed out. Oww and you cant gave a deep sand bed and live sand when using neo zeo

Last edited:

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
i have live sand and use carbon p. u dont change all the stones and shake every two days dont know where that came from.n=.5-10,p=0,cal=470,mag=1500 all brightwell products. Remember this is what works for me.

Live sand will cuase a problem in the furture with cyuan you can look it up it in the guide as well and yes you can use carbon its a must you must shake the stone 2x a day to clean the stones its in the guide as well . And when changing the stone you change 90% of the stone 10% to seed the new ones. And you must skim wet.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
brightwell write up:The following recommendations are based upon extensive testing and will produce
the best results in most aquaria:
Weeks 1 and 2: Place 200 g each week of NēoZeo for each 100 US-gallons (378.5 L) in
the entire aquarium system into an appropriate media reactor; adjust the rate of water
flow through the reactor to ~25 gph (94.6 lph). Add 2.5 ml MicrōBacter7 per 100 USgallons
daily.
Weeks 3 and 4: Add 200 g each week of NēoZeo for each 100 US-gallons (378.5 L) in
the entire aquarium system into the media reactor; increase water flow through the
reactor to ~50 gph (189.3 lph). Add 1 ml MicrōBacter7 and Reef BioFuel per 100 USgallons
daily.
Week 5: Add 200 g of NēoZeo for each 100 US-gallons (378.5 L) in the entire aquarium
system into the media reactor; increase water flow through the reactor to ~100 gph
(378.5 lph). Add 1 ml MicrōBacter7 and Reef BioFuel per 100 US-gallons daily.
Once the first 5 weeks of usage has passed, adjust the dosage of MicrōBacter7 and Reef
BioFuel according to the appearance of the system, the inhabitants, and as dictated by
the water parameters. Refer to the instructions on each of the afore-mentioned
supplements’ labels for additional information. Every six-weeks, change 25% of the
NēoZeo media and add 1 ml MicrōBacter7 and Reef BioFuel per 100 US-gallons daily
for one week before resuming normal dosing schedule.
The Biofilm
One of the complaints often voiced by some aquarists using this method is that a
short, brownish film forms on inaccessible static surfaces (as previously mentioned, it
is most prominent on aquarium panes and less so on live rock and sand) that detracts
from the overall appearance of what would otherwise be a “pristine” display. This film
is a result of microbes populating the surface and forming a “living surface”.
Encouraging water flow within the main aquarium, regularly cleaning these surfaces,
and utilizing adequate NeōZeo media all tend to decrease the propensity for biofilm
? 2008 Brightwell Aquatics. All rights reserved.
formation inside the display. Additionally, several species of Acanthurids will graze on
this

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: