Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Tim managed to get both damsels out! The Regal angel is already "patrolling" his new home.

For anyone looking for a good maintenance guy I strongly recommend Tim, he has been doing a fantastic job for me. How many other people do you know will lug 40 gallons of water to do a water change? Thanks Tim.

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
marrone said:
Considering how many people there are here who would help out for probably just a frag or two why would you want or need to pay anyone to do it.
:scratchch

Because:

1. Having someone regularly monitor and maintain your system is important.
2. I doubt I could get someone to come to my home once a month, do a 40 gallon water change, clean the tank and run all of the tests for a few frags. ;-)

-Alfred

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
aM witH aLfred on thiS... i saY iF yoU caN afford iT, wHy not, beSideS i wouLdnt reaLLy wanna inconvenieNce anyOne herE... :yo: :knockedou :approve:

Alfredo De La Fe said:
Because:

1. Having someone regularly monitor and maintain your system is important.
2. I doubt I could get someone to come to my home once a month, do a 40 gallon water change, clean the tank and run all of the tests for a few frags. ;-)

-Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I want to have a nice reef tank. I know exactly what to do and how to do it, but don't have the time. If I pay someone to come by once a month and whenever I need something done I have peace of mind. There is a degree of accountability. If someone is doing it as a business they wont stand me up... If they get tired, bored or cant get something just right, in theory they cant just walk away from it if they are being paid.

To allow someone to come by once a month and spend all of that time, money and energy for nothing would be abusing of someones kindness. I would end up paying them anyway. So why not pay someone that has a vested interest in keeping my tank looking good and me happy?

-Alfred

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
What the point of being in the hobby if you need to hire some one to come over and take care of your tank? you might as well just put a picture on the wall of a reef tank like the one that was for sale on ebay not to long ago. Now if your really busy, need to travel or hurt and you can't take care of the tank that one thing. As for being able to rely on a service to do right by you that not always the case.

Ink money shouldn't be an issue here, wether you can afford to do it or now. I can afford to have 5 people take care of my tank everyday but I don't as if I did why would I be in the hobby just to have a pretty tank in my apartment.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: