GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anyone have some non invasive ways to get fish out? fish trap doesnt work, and putting food in a net does work. i tried the flash light thing and that didnt work either. if you can get my sailfin and fox face and black damsel out you can have them. Sail fin and fox face are 5 inches each. and worth about 40 bucks each

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
its 120 long and yes i have a lot of corals and rock. Thanks Chief, i think im going to passs on the trap as my previous attempts did not work.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
did you try not feeding your tank for a few days or a week,my fish always come up to the top ,so if i ever wanted the catch one i would have to do it at feeding time.
If you dont feed the tank for a few days you might have a shot.Also se if you can make some type of dividers with egg crates to limit the fish from swimming ,That if you dont want to take out all your rocks and corals .worth a try

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
With some fish the trap just does not work. TOOOOO SMART!!! Trypartitioning your tank with the eggcrate light diffuser. Chances are you have some lying around. Try to get the fish into an area that has fewer obstructions. In that chamber leave the net on the bottom of the tank. Once its in that section take the fish from underneath. Works everytime without damage to corals.

HTH,
Herman

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
:D Ink, for real. I get all my fish out this way, even tiny damsels. If you bend the barb of the hook down there is no damage done.

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
wow thats very interesting rich, do you have a pic of this set up? i would love to see it, i've heard of this before but just thought it was a joke, how big is the hook? do you just get this from a bait and tackle shop?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I dont have a pic of it but it's just a tiny hook with some very thin fishing line. Go to Bernies bait shop on emmons ave in sheepshead bay, they have what you need.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
jackson6745 said:
I dont have a pic of it but it's just a tiny hook with some very thin fishing line. Go to Bernies bait shop on emmons ave in sheepshead bay, they have what you need.

Actually when I lived in Brooklyn I got at small hook from the same place. Just bent the barb and was able to hook the fish. It worked well with small fish but the big ones didn't do the job as they where able to put off the hook as it didn't have the barb to dig in and hold the fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: