jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i am looking at getting some new coral. possiby sps in the near future. i want to know what your favorite coral is and why.

so i will start, my favorite corals are my zoos, but my most favorite are my pink ones with peach skirts. i love the colors of them, and how easy they are to keep happy
jen

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
That is very hard for me to answer since I love all my corals.

But if I had to pick one coral, I guess I would have to say it is the pulsing xenia. Their movement is extraordinary and mesmerizing; the constant pulsing and swaying.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Originally posted by jenniebutterfly:
i like xenia, but i won't put it in my tank
If you don't mind my asking, why won't you put it in your tank?

Could you post a picture of your favorite zoanthids?

Here is a picture of my favorite zoanthids.

allYellow2.jpg

and these, since they are so unique.

Pink_zoanthids.jpg

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I like your zoanthids. Nice

The top one in the picture above is a yellow zoanthid, and is really intense yellow. My picture doesn't do it any justice.

Here are three other yellows :D .

yellow1.jpg

yellow2.jpg

greenyellowbluezoo.jpg

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i have other zoos too, but have a hard time getting macro shots of them with my camera. i will try again to get a good shot of the rest of them to post
jen

btw i like the intense yellow ones the best, never seen any that color, where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I can't say which are my favorite. But IF I had to pick I would probably say my calustrea. It's just such a great color.

Jen, If you want a head of my reddish/purpleish rics I'll give you one. I'm going to frag it (the whole colony) this week anyhow.

BC

MrAnderson

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like Montiporas. The colors can be pretty, and the M. capricornis' and M.digitatas (thanks Jim!!) that I have grow really fast and always seem happy no matter what. They just seem idiot-proof. I think that some Montis are among the prettiest corals I've ever seen.

When I was acclimating my first Monti, a neon green cap, I accidentally dropped it in half-mixed salt water (for a water change) at room temp. I was so upset with myself, I figured I killed it for sure. I mounted it in my tank anyway and it grew about 15-20% that first week. Maybe I should do this more often.

solbby, my wife's fave coral is Xenia too, she thinks they're really graceful. I love em, they add such unique movement to the tank.

[ February 28, 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: MrAnderson ]

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Here are some more of my favorites, :D . The list just goes on.

Rich, see the tort you gave me, it is awesome and starting to really grow, (it has reached that critical mass that an SPS frag needs to be inorder to take in enough energy for rapid growth). And your milli's are also taking off, as you can see.

SPS_3_2005.jpg

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Here is a closeup.

Bluetort.jpg

And here is a close up of a A. tukari. It is coloring up to be an intense light sky blue.

Atukari.jpg

[ March 20, 2005, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: solbby ]

R

ReeferMan

Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I think my favorite sps is the birdsnest, I have the pink, yellow, pink with neon green tipsand green with purple polyps, now all I need is to get the green.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: