• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

funkmaster

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well for all of you who dont know me i had an amazing 125 gal reef ..With alot of coral and fish +300 lbs of lr .i got a phone call grom my girl that my tank all of a sudden started to leak from the bottom corner ...my first reaction was holly s**t what to do ....it was crazy i removed everything in my tank in the matter of 5 min ..so now im down to a my sump with all my coral in it and a bin with all my rock 3 yrs down the tubes in 5 min ...well my head is up and i will be ordering a new custom tank its a 180long 8 ft and start all over
eric

thanks to my girl , john and james for all of there help

Last edited:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Buckets, heaters, powerheads, carbon, RO/DI water to make fresh saltwater for water changes. You should be fine.

Get the new tank set in place and double and triple check for level. Your other tank failed for some reason. The floor being out of level could have been it, or at least a contributor to it.

Ask your questions here, before you proceed onto the next step (whatever step that may be). Be cautious of the information given (from everyone) and really think through the information and process so that you can nix an idea before it becomes an implemented bad idea. No idea is horrible if it is just an idea. It becomes horrible when you accepted the idea, implemented it, and the whole plan went into the crapper because it wasn't fully thought through.

We're all here to support you in this time of need. You'd be amazed at how many people can be gathered at all hours of the day. If there's anything else I can do to help please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best of luck,
Russ

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I think Petco is running their dollar a gallon sale again if you need a temporary tank cheap.

It seems you have turned this situation to your advantage and will have a sweet system at the end.
Keep in mind things could have been worse from the horror stories I have read in here.

danny

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
leak in corner

For future reference, I had the same thing happen on my 55 gal. I put duct tape as a last resort it totally stopped the leak. had the tank going for another 3 weeks until my 120 came into the LFS. That stuff works wonders.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
For future reference, I had the same thing happen on my 55 gal. I put duct tape as a last resort it totally stopped the leak. had the tank going for another 3 weeks until my 120 came into the LFS. That stuff works wonders.
+1 earlier this year, I picked up a 60g RR tank, that has two 1" return holes thru the bottom... while testing the tank, I sealed it with duct tape...not a drop came out, for the 3 days I tested it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: