Vision06

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My External H&S.

First pic is the day I set it up. Second is the next day.

Pros : Skims very good, Easy to clean, Very well built, No noise.

Cons : Price (even though I dont think it was that bad) some may not want to spend $400 on a skimmer.

Attachments

• Picture 318.jpg
    Picture 318.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 469
  • Picture 279.jpg
    Picture 279.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 473

JHOV2324

Love da Reef-er
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I finally installed my Er Es 5-2....the first 20 minutes i started to get skimmate....i thought it was filling up with water pretty fast.....so i emptied it and now on the second day of skimmin not that much skimmate...i adjusted the exhaust tube up and down a couple of times...how do i actually tune this skimmer....i want to get the most skimmate i can to clean up my tank water... thanks.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
jesus you haven't sent me a pick of the pump.

remember the skimmer has to break in. if you feel you are getting too much wet skimmate then lower exhaust tube just a little.

just look @ vision06's first pic (above) you can clearly see the bubbles stop half way up the collection cup.

remember that certain foods, additives or epoxy can make your skimmer go crazy.

Last edited:

lazyreefer

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Update pics on the berumda bps-8C. This is after 3 days of skimming a bit dry. So far its doing a good job on my 180.

5 - lyre tail anthia 3"
1 - copper band 5"
1 - yellow tang 5"
2 - hippo tangs 3, 6"
1 - barred rabbit fish 6"
1 - green cromis 2.5"
1 - clown fish (false perc I think) 2"
1 - blond naso 3"
1 - spotted mandarin 3"

seems like skimming dry does not remove as much oragnics as skimming wet (getting more alge growing on the sand bed). So I will post some pics after I change to wet skimming.

It took about a month of fiddling around to get it to skim consistantly. But this might have been due to my sump design.

Attachments

• IMGP3160.JPG
    IMGP3160.JPG
    525.3 KB · Views: 297
  • IMGP3161.jpg
    IMGP3161.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 302

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: