masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I have access to a choice of a few beautiful showpiece size Elegance Corals. I was thinking about putting one in my tank. I know of Eric Bornemans Elegance Coral Study and the problems reefers have had keeping them long term.

Has anybody here had success? Are they still finding that there are captivity problems? Should I avoid them?

Thanks for the input,
Russ

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
inline6 said:
Hey, Deep where are you.

This is your area.
just reading it ,lol
here a pic of mine ,I have my Elegance for about 2 or more years
BTW it was once for sale ,and thx to Eric B no one wanted it ,which i didnt know at the time that i had a diamond on my hand ,(knock on wood) here she is ,all bright eyed pink ,lol
thx Eric B,LOL

Attachments

• canon rebel 044.jpg
    canon rebel 044.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 186
  • canon rebel 064.jpg
    canon rebel 064.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 191
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
When i 1st got it .it was only 4" small ,Now fulLy open its about 12" long 8" or so Wide

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
heard that the problem these days with the elegants are the connection process. They just come in too damaged or stressed to survive very long, but it you do happen to get a healthy one its a keeper JMO

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I really cant say about the live stock coming in today,Since i heard about the problem with the elegance coral a while back ago ,I never ordered them ,I dont want to help kill them

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
DEEPWATER said:
I really cant say about the live stock coming in today,Since i heard about the problem with the elegance coral a while back ago ,I never ordered them ,I dont want to help kill them

Ronen, I feel the same way. That's why I'm asking. The ones that I've got a choice of are all in the 10" - 12" range. They are expensive and I know they are difficult to keep. Good to know at least someone has had some luck.

Anybody else? Or is Ronen the only one? If he is, then it seems like an isolated lucky one.

Would anyone else try one?

Russ

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I think the only reason im having luck with it ,Is the time frame when i bought it ,I think someone bought an elegance awhile back ago ,just cant remember if it was some on the board or just one of my customers:scratch: :banghead: lol

M

midiman

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I had one. It lived for a few weeks and then started to look sick ... apparently, it was.

It didn't live, which is a shame because it was beautiful --- purple, white, and green.

M

midiman

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Hi John. That's what I'm afraid of. They look spectacular in the holding tank. It's a couple of weeks down the road that concern me.

How's your clam & frags looking?

Russ

Looking great ... I will officially and permanently mount the acro frag this weekend. It's now up high and looking pleasantly purple and boldly blue.

I tilted the clam so that the lighting was better and it now shows green and orange mottled patterns. I'm going to try to get some new pics up this weekend. If so, I'll post them here.

Good luck with the elegance, if you decide to go with it.

I'm going to wait for some more reports and/or research to be done before I risk one. For now, it's sticks for me.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I'm going to wait as well. I wanted to get a sense of survivability through an informal poll here. As I can see it, Ronen is the ONLY one with a survivor. Not good odds.

I agree with the colored sticks btw. Been very happy with them.

Russ

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
alrha said:
I can say that Ronen's Elegence coral, is probably the nicest i've ever seen.
Thx Al For the kind words
My elegance is blushing now :shhh: :knockedou

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
masterswimmer said:
I'm going to wait as well. I wanted to get a sense of survivability through an informal poll here. As I can see it, Ronen is the ONLY one with a survivor. Not good odds.

I agree with the colored sticks btw. Been very happy with them.

Russ
I will look into what my suppliers have ,althou i cant promise anything.
Now that i think of it ,I really dont see to many ppl with an elegance coral in their tanks

One question ,How do they reproduce ?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
junglebase said:
detail

Is this an elegance coral? I got it from PMUI and I didnt know they are hard to keep.. it has been prospering in my tank ever since
yup that it ,it looks like it need just a bit more flow or lighting ,What are you using for lighting and flow?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
junglebase said:
I am currently using PCs now but I will be moving it to MH's soon...
should I put it up top Ronen? does it like a lot of light?
No not alot of light ,Moderate lighting ,but pc light may be a bit to low
I have mine at the bottom ,that where they belong in an aquarium ,my lighting is 2x175w and 2x125w vho ,i have a light steam of flow on it and it love it ,not to strong of a flow

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: