SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's where i get all my stuff. I jsut got back from there. Picked up a nice six-line wrasse. He's hiding under a rock right now. 2nd best store in the area behind Reef Encounter in Hackensack

[ December 09, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: SoS ]

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
2nd best behind Absolutely? Do they sell coral? SPS? I've never been there, and Hoboken is closer to Manhattan than Clifton!

Is the address in the store directory correct? That says Hackensack.

Have you ever been to Country Critters on LI? That is my choice for the top store in the area.

BTW, a ratings system is in the works for the store listings.

-Josh

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK let me elaborate on my 2nd best rating.
Absolutely Fish has twice the corals and twice the fish that reef encoutner has, BUT!! Reef Encounter has much better service and better prices. There JBJ prices are the best on earth.

Not all the guys at Absolute are morons but a few bad apples sours the bunch.

C

Crakeur

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country Critters is great but the one thing I noticed is that their large reef tanks have great, colorful corals and their frag tank has mostly brown corals. They did say that most of the corals will color up and the one acro I bought seems to be turning color (greenish with red polyps).

Great selection and not too pricey. I still prefer online buying from respectable merchants who ship quality goods. Monaghan and Logical Reef are my two best so far.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Yeah, I went into Country Critters one time and all of their frags were brown montipora digitata. The last time I was there they did have a very nice selection with varying colors though. I think it really depends on luck.

I received two shipments from Monaghan a while back and nearly all of them were dying or completely bleached by the time I got them. I don't know what happened with those shipments but I have been reluctant to order again.

Have you ever ordered from GARF? People bad mouth them at every opportunity they get, but I have had nothing but good experiences with my orders. All of their frags do very well in my tank, and their prices aren't too bad as long as you order during one of their specials.

-Josh

SoS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent, All I've heard is garbage about Garf too. So I never ordered from them. What did you get from them? I might give them a try. That 5 for 99 deal just looks to good.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
It's not actually 5 for $100, more like 8. They always have a +2 frag special, and they normally throw you an extra piece. Sometimes they have double soft coral plug specials, so you get 14-16 soft coral frags for $100 plus shipping. I normally get a frag pack and 40 reef janitors, which are a nice mix of snails and crabs, all kinds.

They have consistently arrived in good condition.

If you want SPS frags, just tell them no soft corals and I promise you won't be disappointed.

-Josh

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: