Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I found this tank from nano-reef and I've never seen anything like this before.

This is Custom Overflowing Tank.

Can you guys post some very unique tanks?

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 136
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 133
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 132
  • newfull.jpg
    newfull.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 133

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I usually see clam tanks set up this way. They are much more shallow. There is some company selling them on ebay. Very reasonable too. I wouldnt do it for a regular tank tho. Cant really look into the side :grumpy:

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
You need a special magnet to clean algae of BOTH side of the glass.:teeth:

Looks cool but not functional at all, you can't see through the water fall clear enough most of the time. Forget about having kids(and some adults) visiting because you'll be mopping the floor as soon as they decide to touch it in order to see if it is "real".

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
those clam tanks are much better done.
supposedly you can't even tell there is water flowing over the side.
it must have taken a few tries to get it like that.
I'd like to see one in person.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
MACNA Boston had one setup that way. Like Jon said, there was noway to tell there was water overflowing the sides. A tank set up that way has to be dead on level. Something most tanks aren't (even 1/8" over 4' will distort that flow).

master

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
IMO this is a really stupid tank. Aside from the obvious issues that have already been mentioned, when you clean the outside of the glass you have little chance of getting the algae/film OUT of the tank.

Also I bet your snails climb out a lot more frequently, since they will definately be walking on the outside glass.

Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
i dont know though- that guy had his tank up for a 6 month period (from what I remember anyway)...

I think it was more of the 'why not' factor than to make a serious tank...some of the people on that site are pretty insane about taking their small tanks to the limits of what should be possible

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: