Rating - 100%
103   0   0
well ich has really got me this time, all started when i added 2 chromis on a tues that were perfectly healthy and on fri i added a swallow tail angel to my 55g reef . i only had a yellow tang which i had for 3yrs and a true perc for more than a yr . the first week everyone was fine then the second week boom ich.! i ask my self what the hell happen? yea i know what the hell happen i was suppose to add one fish a week and my system bacteria wasnt ready i guess for that load.well clown gone , tang gone, one chromie gone and angel. wow i really missed up this time. i beat my self up why did i make that mistake i should have known better! and i actually know !dame. what i really mad about is that the tang was really friendly and i had him for 3 yrs! he was like my dame son!lol. i feel bad because i caused his death. :sleepy: on top of that my tank took a little algae spike because i noticed it on my sand . i guess when i couldnt find the angel fish and he was decomposing in my tank.:banghead:

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
yea i know what the hell happen i was suppose to add one fish a week and my system bacteria wasnt ready i guess for that load.
Sorry to hear this man. Your tank is well established, 3years old. Is this the tank you speak of? Or you set up a new tank? I sold you those chromis 2 months ago. Your tank probably was in urgent need of a water change because the Angel died and polluted the water.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
sorry to hear that but it seems that you know what caused it, so I'm sure you'll be careful next time. Also when placing the new arrivals in try feeding with garlic. I've done this for a while and had good results so far.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
all started when i added 2 chromis on a tues that were perfectly healthy and on fri i added a swallow tail angel to my 55g reef ...
yea i know what the hell happen i was suppose to add one fish a week and my system bacteria wasnt ready i guess for that load...
IMO adding 2 or 3 fish to a well established 55g tank..did NOT cause ick! Probably came in with angel, if you're so sure that chromis were OK.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear, I also lost several fish about a month ago to ich and probably marine velvet. I lost my coral beauty, 2 clowns, lawnmower blennie. I guess I added to much fish so soon. tank is only 6 months old. The only fish left is the firefish and a small tang.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Sorry for your lost. I know how it feels to lose a fish thats been with you for so long.

I agree with albano with the ick coming in with the angel.

With the temperature swings where having I'm sure many of us are have some outbreaks of ick. It happens to my tank every now and then.
My powder blue is the first to show signs of it.
Vic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: