Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm looking for LR, sand and critters of excellent quality. I've heard great things about Tampa Bay Saltwater but Id rather avoid dealing with shipping. I've seen different types of LR (including color) but I was curious if there is info that explains the different types and the color variations.

Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I have no idea. I know very little about reef equipment. What I do know is that there were some great looking pieces there that I saw in established tanks.

I'm curious if anyone in NY area have the bright red rock?

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Instead of patronizing the LILFS drama queens why not talk to one of the several vendors here at Manhattan Reefs. Support the people who help support this site instead of the ones who time and time again create drama and issues here.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Hey ninja manhattan aquariums has the most amazing live rock with a beautiful pink and purple color blend that really pops the colors in your tank and it's very good for water buffering I'm not sure how much they charge per pound but I always grab a piece or two when I go there for my tank or sump and it just gives your tank that look as if its been running for years.

Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ninja manhattan aquariums has the most amazing live rock with a beautiful pink and purple color blend that really pops the colors in your tank and it's very good for water buffering I'm not sure how much they charge per pound but I always grab a piece or two when I go there for my tank or sump and it just gives your tank that look as if its been running for years.

I haven't been up there- will definitely check it out.

I also checked out the sponsors on here and will see if I can arrange something locally. Thanks for the info!

Ninja

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of patronizing the LILFS drama queens why not talk to one of the several vendors here at Manhattan Reefs. Support the people who help support this site instead of the ones who time and time again create drama and issues here.

I have no idea about who the drama queens are- I was just looking for folks that can shed their experience. I thought this would be a good opportunity to educate myself on the different rocks that can be found locally vs shipping across country.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: