Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I've got green mushrooms that started from 1 polyp in 1994, a branching hammer ( Euphyllia parancora) that is at least 12 yrs old, an A. millepora that is still hanging in there ( barely) from about the same time, and sadly I lost a whole systrem of corals approaching the 15yr. mark last summer :( Lots and lots of things in the 8-10 year range.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I've got green mushrooms that started from 1 polyp in 1994, a branching hammer ( Euphyllia parancora) that is at least 12 yrs old, an A. millepora that is still hanging in there ( barely) from about the same time, and sadly I lost a whole systrem of corals approaching the 15yr. mark last summer :( Lots and lots of things in the 8-10 year range.

I think I got a piece of your orange pavona which was in your system that crashed last summer. Does that bump me up to the 15 year mark? :lol2:

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
hmm. the pavona wasn't that old, but I'd love a piece of that back :)
LOL it's always a good thing when you can get you stuff back.

I have a pagoda cup, candy cane, frogspawn, mushrooms and green button polyps that are at least 12yrs old. A pulsing sinularia thats 9 yrs a potatochip pavona thats 9yrs as well.
Green bubble and a pearl bubble that are 9yrs also.
I don't know if this counts but I have this encrusting leather thats over 12 yrs as well..

Vic

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I'm not sure you can place a time frame on a coral. Some corals, such as candy canes just keep splitting heads so you can't tell which is the original.
I would think in the case of an acro, after 20 years, the original polyps would be so far under other thick branches from growing, it would die from lack of light, or from a parrotfish

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
RD,

Somewhere I have a piece of the confusa from the back tank :) Also the pulchra (Spelling?)

I have a few that are 10 years (long as I been in the hobby)

Purple Rim Cap
Purple Stylophora
Acan Echinata
Orange Cap with White polyps from Vic :)

Others are 6-8 yrs old -

Kedds green table
Green pipe organ

More to come

House

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
quick question... say a corals life span is like 20 years or something. if you frag it does that wind back the clock or something?

There are gigantic corals in the ocean that are thousands of years old, a coral's lifespan isn't measured in the tens or hundreds of years it can be alot longer provided the environment is ideal. Corals don't just die they multiply unless they come in contact with humans, they are highly allergic!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: