a68989d2-13ac-ed9f.jpg

a68989d2-13d0-fbbf.jpg

a68989d2-13f4-9bf4.jpg

a68989d2-141a-c367.jpg

a68989d2-143f-455c.jpg

I kno 1 of u guys gotta kno

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
They do all have scientific names, but they are all morphs of a relatively small number of Zoanthid and Palythoa species---and IDing to that level of accuracy is beyond the scope of 99.9% of hobbyists. The designer/LE "branded" names are completely made up---some have stuck with particular morphs for along time and can at times indicate a lineage to an original colony or original owner of note, but most of the silly names you see are just made up for marketing purposes.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
you know what you paid for them and if planning to sell, sell according to what you paid, not by looking into hyped names and selling at a price thats off the internet
zoaid.com if you want names look them up

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Do you really think marine biologists or scientists name any of these? Can you picture a biologists saying "hmm this is a very nice species of zoas, it reminds me of something.....ohh!!! I got it!!! Reverse gorilla nipples it is! Heyyyy nowwwww look af these! They are niceeeeee!! I'm going to call them homer Simpson donuts!" lol.

Honestly, it's crazy how many names there are out there, and impossible to keep up. Ask Kevin at manhattan aquarium (faviafreak), he has a tank full of nothing but Z's and P's and the name are hilarious, but gorgeous morphs indeed...

Call them whatever... I'll help, first pic are now called "blue jay erected utters" lmao...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: