saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
A few weeks ago i started having issues with my a.i. super blue module, it seemed that the controller had gone rogue and was malfunctioning .

step 1 - i called a.i. and they have a simple to use service line that opens at 9.AM and i easily connected to justin from the support team who took all my info and was very easy going and understanding of my problem.

step 2 - he quickly got me a new controller shipped out and i had the new one in 4 days !!:D return label and all.

step 3 - i messed up and returned the new controller somehow like a meathead! and still had the same problem!.

step 4 - i called him back and baffled as i was he then sent me a new module and surprise!! i still had the same problem ! why? cause i still had a bad controller. i returned the module they sent and called justin who enjoyed a laugh at my expense when i told him i think i had messed up he then resent me a new controller and poof !!!!! all. problems solved .

in conclusion to my fumbles and mishaps , the support team and justin never lost sight of my problem and went above and beyond the call of aquatic duty to get my lights up and running again, at no charge and no stress!, justin even touched bases with me late one night on his own time!!! this is top notch quality on the a.i. led teams end. if you want good service and a person on the phone instead of a tutorial or long drawn out forum then spend the extra $$$ on a.i. lights believe me you wont be disapointed!.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
AI has one of my units now, Everything stopped working on it even the controller and power supply. It got delivered friday so I will give him a call tomorrow just to make sure they got it. They did send me a power supply right away, but it took a week to get here.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This is the reason why everyone keeps switching to AI.

Ive been on the bandwagon since i got the AI sol when they first came out. I was one of the first people to get them. I did some much research and have a nice disccusion with the owner of C2.

They are far superior and AMERICAN

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Just got off the phone with Justin over at AI, He is repairing my unit as I type this. Seems that the mother board had a crack in it somehow. Maybe the box was dropped before I recieved it, but he is sending it out today.

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Different lights, each has its own benefits. In terms of Customer Service and reliability, hands down AI. But Pacsun/ReefTech lamps are interlaced bulbs, eliminates the light beam of blue and white leds. Its a smoother look. Also, Pacsun/Reeftech lights have much better native controllability, you would need a profilux to unlock AI's true potential. Also, the Reeftech lights are 2x the price but you get 180W of Leds...its a positive but now you are toying with the benefit of cost of running. One big reason LEDs are great is the electric cost, but if you are running 2 or 3 180W units, now you are close to T5 or MH cost again.

So there are benefits of each and downsides of each. In the end, its all about user needs. Someone with a 30" or deeper tank, may choose Reeftech lamps because of the higher penetration power. But as I stated, AI's strongest quality is US made, legally compliant, no questions product support.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Are the Pac Sun upgradeable like the AI's. I know you can change the pucks out on the AI's and the controller has a USB port for any new software that comes out down the road. Not sure what all it will include, but I do like the idea of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: