mic_1011

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
i think you'll be ok. i have a 130 with a 40 sump but i'm on the first floor over the bsmt! if you're that worried about it, try to evenly distribute the weight. like 2x4 framed out under the tank and run them perpendicular against the flooring. this way if your using a metal frame the pressure isn't just on one plank. usually up against a wall is supported too

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've worked on a lot larger than 180 gals in an apartment. If it's concrete and rebar I wouldn't even worry about it. I would find out if management has a limit on the size they will allow. I've been on builds where we had to significantly shrink the proposed size because they didn't want that much water on the loose if something went wrong.

Last edited:

Lunareclipse

Fishes are cuddly
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If I lived on the 17th floor, I would take one look outside and toss my groceries. It is a looong way down. And then I would have to put something over all of the windows so I can't see how far up I am.

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
not to be a negative Nancy but I would look into insurance and water damage prevention.
You're gonna get water on the floor.
Also you need to talk about the weight with your building mostly for insurance purposes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: