MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I contacted my RODI seller because my newly purchased system was outputting pretty high TDS.

After checking it out, the sediment filter is very dirty, and the DI is all spent (the color changing kind).

The reseller said he has had a lot of people in parts of NYC say that in the last 2 weeks the water quality has be terrible.

Anyone hear this or have or RODI media get used incredibly fast? Or is he blowing me off?

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
...Back to the thread...

I am curious if anyone else heard anything about this....

I just did a super-fast Google search for NYC water quality and came up with the NY Water Science Center home page, which reminded me of the heavy flooding in the end of April, beginning of May - that would probably be enough to change the water quality somewhat, no?

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
All i know is, ive put 100g through this RODI and i already need to replace Stage 1 (maybe 2 and 3) and the DI resign.

I tried to find any info on google about the NYC water conditions, but its all historical data.

Another $100 after I just dropped $200 on the new RODI system. I hope if I just stay on top of the sediment filter clogging with a 5 micron filter I can prevent this?

Also, how is the RO membrane normally depleted? Im wondering if running this system with 'bad' water has damaged it.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Something is seriously off. The RO membrane should last years. You are running a carbon block before the RO membrane right? I don't even use an RO membrane just sediment filters carbon and then DI and I just made over 100g. of water without exhausting the DI resin. We live quite close to each other too so the water is likely from the same source.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If it makes you feel better the water coming into my house won't show a TDS reading its so high. lol.

I go through a sediment and a carbon filter once every week to 2 weeks since feb. I got a 2 stage filter with just the sediment and carbon before my RO/DI so my RO/DI unit doesn't get destroyed before the crazy TDS since april as I had a problem on my block for a few months before that. I've been changing all 4 filters minus RO on the unit every 2 months. From the 2 stage my TDS reads anywhere from 42-60.

Anyways, I don't know what the problem is. Theres been alot of work lately in my area and the city won't come check for the single person on the block with a reeftank thats complaining.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: