NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
well i used both salts, and loved the deltec pro, number were dead on par, and corals loved it, and same results with the esv, like the ease of use of the deltec but will continue to use the esv

Jakef150

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
FYI if its your first time to do mix with ESV you will bad mouth , piss etc cuz its PITA! but you ll get use and you ll be happy :)

First time it took me 30-45 min to figure out for about 3x water change then you ll know how much to use.

now i m doing in 10 mins. I just mixed it then let it running 24 hrs then test it, if i see low # i just add to it thats it.

it takes time :)

jake

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I switched from ESV to RC, in my area it's a PITA trying to get ESV without driving an hour each way. RC Dr. Fos ships for $5.99 to my door.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Ok I'm using instant ocean and am happy with it but it seems like everyone really loves esv I'm gonna try it what do u need to mix it a scale to weigh it ? I would need to mix 15 gal at a time is that possible? How many different parts r there?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Ok I'm using instant ocean and am happy with it but it seems like everyone really loves esv I'm gonna try it what do u need to mix it a scale to weigh it ? I would need to mix 15 gal at a time is that possible? How many different parts r there?

If you're happy with IO, and are getting good results, they there really isn't a need to change.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv
esv

i pitty the fool who dont use esv
mrt.gif

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have picked up a small bucket of h20 to see what that is like , so I will take weekly pics and see the results of the 50 gallon cycle , then I will try esv for the same ride, in the end I will have a winner , wish me luck.

buddy.... 1 person reccomended H2O, and everyone else said esv. why go through all that when its pretttyyyyyyy darrnnnnn obvioussss esv is the winner :wink1: why try H2O for a few weeks, take pictures, and compare, then try esv, take pictures, compare...when you could have instant satisfication by picking up some esv right now and just call it a day? :smash:

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
ESV is a bit tricky to get the salinity 100% correct the first 1 or 2 times, however you will love it. H2ocean is a lot simpler, however, that does not mean it is inferior at all. I love both of them, IMO they are both great salts, corals seemed to like both of them. In the end I chose ESV, because I actually enjoy the process of mixing it. :) Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: