Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past week and a half I've notice a signifiacant increase in snails all over the tank. In the morning they are everywhere glass/rock, as the day goes on they stay on the rock. Is this good? Are there any fish that will keep this under control?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what kind. I have 10 nassarius snails but these look like your ordinary snail. The size ranges from G on the keyboard to the *. Ive been trying to look online to decipher the type but havent found one that resembles mine. maybe they are too young to tell

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have had my tank (in one incarnation or another) for about 10 years - tiny snails come and go in cycles in my system. I don't do anything to them, and they don't seem to harm anything. I wouldn't worry about it.

...till they perhaps begin to plot to destroy the world, mwahahaha!

...just kidding.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the help and suggestions. I am going to leave them for now. they dont get tired of eating algae its great. The tank didnt have much algae before but they are doing a great job on the spots that seemed to get it the most. i would a say there are close to 100 now the harder i look the more i find

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Colinista snails perhaps?
collonista-1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: