xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
salinity is .20

You mean 1.020? Cause 1.020 is low try to bring it up to 1.025 little by little. What salt your using? Try to raise it up remove 20% of your water. Then fill a 5-gallon bucket 3/4 full of distilled water. Allow the water to sit for 10 to 15 minutes so that it adjusts to room temperature. Once you have done that. Read the instructions on the aquarium salt mix and pour the recommended amount of mix into the bucket.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
You mean 1.020? Cause 1.020 is low try to bring it up to 1.025 little by little. What salt your using? Try to raise it up remove 20% of your water. Then fill a 5-gallon bucket 3/4 full of distilled water. Allow the water to sit for 10 to 15 minutes so that it adjusts to room temperature. Once you have done that. Read the instructions on the aquarium salt mix and pour the recommended amount of mix into the bucket.

Are you kidding???? OP'er needs to heat the water to 75-80 degrees (same temp as his tank) before adding salt and then adding it to his tank. Also, 10-15 minutes is not even close enough for tap water to get to "room temp".

Last edited:

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Sps

Remember to slowly bring it up to 1.026 or whatever level you prefer. You dont want to shock your live stock and cause more damage. Small frequent water changes in the course of a week or two should be good. Do you have any sps?

Well I did.... There are all white now

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Yeah. I'm leaving my house for a family thing and wot e able to do anything about it until late night today. Ill get my water double checked there. Could it possibly be anything except salinity?

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
I'm done my hydrometer was off lfs checked it and salinity is reading off to charts over 1.032. Thanks for the help to pushing me to check salinity.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Reef

koolaid, a member just listed a refractometer in manalapan for $35.

Unfortunately I just purchased a hydrometer for $16 :sad2:

Thanks for the heads up. I think ill be selling the tank anyway soon. I really have been wanting to downgrade for awhile now

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: