DEL

reef guy in jc
wow!!!!! i was just in this place today for the first time!!! i havent been on MR in a minute, just so happened i was in yonkers, figured id swing by, realized they moved, so drove to the bronx since i was itching to shop. there were only about 4-5 people shopping when i was there, so if the cameras were on, they definitely should see someone doing this. unless a bunch more people came in when i left. anyways. i come back to MR after almost a year of hiatus and this is the first thing i read!! smh. i hope they catch this person.

p.s.
i was like a kid in a candy store today!!!!! but i had to hold back until i get my teeny tiny tank fully ready for coral again. i only walked out with some hermits, snails, and a fire shrimp. = (

astondan4

Experienced Reefer
Wow, that's total BS. Whether or not you have a beef with the store or someone at the store you are still purposely killing living things and if you have a care in the world about this hobby then you are a terrible person for doing that.

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
What a bunch of dbags, that's so messed up. Someone really can't handle the competition. Just because there isn't another LFS in close proximity doesn't mean other stores don't feel the pressure of a place like Max Reefs/Central that can offer such a variety of livestock at those prices. I hit up stores in just about every borough (no SI, lol), Jersey, Long Island and they just don't match up.

I'll be passing by this weekend to pick up some goodies rather than stopping by at the handful of stores that are closer to me.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
There price are so good I bet you other LFS buy stuff there and sell it at there place for more. I'll go with disgruntled x partner or former x worker. I lot of jealous and sick people. Does a murder care about life. Why would someone care for fish. I'm not going to drive 30 to 50 miles and paid a toll to buy fish. Their's only a few LFS where hobby is big enough to support LFS. You have to worry more about how online places hurt retail momas and pops store. You always have a sicko out there.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
I was there last Friday when the clam came in asked about when they are getting any sps corals in and heard the horrible news.I was just as ticked off as Nelly when he told me what happened!I really can't believe someone would do something like this..central aquarium has always done the right thing for me in the past (holding desirable fish for me with no questions asked)aND I'm sure they done more than their fair share for there customers.it's such a shame that someone would put living creatures in jeopardy over jealousy or Rage cause of central aquariums great success in this delicate hobby

Last edited:

Coach411

Active Reefer
Man I'm in here twice a week to get RO water, the other day in the afternoon I was in there and it was hot and humid and one of the copper pipes that runs the length of the store was dripping with condensation like crazy. I don't know if that water picks up copper from the piping but it was definitely dripping near and maybe even inside the tanks. Maybe Nelson can investigate this.

nellynel21

Advanced Reefer
Man I'm in here twice a week to get RO water, the other day in the afternoon I was in there and it was hot and humid and one of the copper pipes that runs the length of the store was dripping with condensation like crazy. I don't know if that water picks up copper from the piping but it was definitely dripping near and maybe even inside the tanks. Maybe Nelson can investigate this.

We calculate everything with a nice blueprint ..
I post a pics of myself on the coral section and you could see there's no pipe on top, also we built a hanging canopy for the light that does help allot from any water that could drip from the roof if heavy tunder storm ..

SICK CHALICE AND SICK ACAN CAME IN YESTERDAY FROM AUSTRALIA

AND PLEASE DONT LOOK AT MY LITTLE COLLECTION OF CORALS SECTION IS PRIVATE LMAO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 354

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Nellynell21, get the blueprint straight so we can see your collection section...

Also your right about Copper. Chemicals or glue from Acrylic would not leave toxic gas in the water. Which you have tested and found Copper. So someone had to drop copper in your system to test of copper. Now back to fixing your Blue print. Show more coral we know how you look. Or you just want us see you in Blue LED lights.... Lol

Last edited:
We calculate everything with a nice blueprint ..
I post a pics of myself on the coral section and you could see there's no pipe on top, also we built a hanging canopy for the light that does help allot from any water that could drip from the roof if heavy tunder storm ..

SICK CHALICE AND SICK ACAN CAME IN YESTERDAY FROM AUSTRALIA

AND PLEASE DONT LOOK AT MY LITTLE COLLECTION OF CORALS SECTION IS PRIVATE LMAO

el guapo!

+100 on those acans - any pics of the skittles piece? :thrash:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: