• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Hay guys I have bought a pink birds net about a mounth ago and its not pink any more. i now its not my light i have a 75g with 2 250w hqi ,i was using 20k but went back to 15k that came with it .i did test my water and eveything is good ph 8.32 amm 0 nirtite 0 nitrate 0 dkh 10 cal 500 but i think it may be phos in my tank my ro need new filter and i been using tap water for 2 mounths now just got all new filter for my ro but waiting for some tubing to come that i lost . Oh my salinty is 1.025 i have a very big skimmer a er rs180 that work great what do you guys think. Here is a pic

Attachments

• 101_1542.jpg
    101_1542.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 140

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
4ml. Seems like alot of vodka for that size tank considering the starting dose for a 100 gallon tank is .4ml. Plus Rock displacement I doubt you have 100 gallons in the tank & sump. Its like 3.7ML too much JMO. Maybe I am wrong

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
What kind of bulbs??? how old??? This usually happens whe u use 10K. If Parameters are good it may be your bulbs.

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
oh wow I was gonna say 4.0 ml of vodka wow. I've been dosing for 2 years now and i am only dosing 2ml and I have 120 gal tank w/ 40 gal sump! I can almost guarantee your sps are brown due to high phosphates and high nutrients in your tank! Feed less, run phosban or GFO, or rowaphos and check your nitrates!

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
I just read as well ... you have been using tap water for the last two months ... best thing ... get those RO filters back up and running. :) Vodka is not going to help you with the tap water you are using.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
bulb are only 4m old and i try to test every 3 days all are good nitrates are 0 put when i test for phos i cant tell if it at 0 or 25 but when i test the tap water its high so i know i have phos in my tank

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
75 plus the 40g sump with 30g of water in it add to 105g of water

that is total volume cpacity...you have to in account for the live rocks and sand...dosing is based on you actual volume of water...it's like a 5Gal bucket of rocks filled to the rim is not actuall holding 5Gal of water. Take the rocks out, and you end up have less than 2gal of water.

jason18

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point i have a 120 gal with a 55 gal sump and a 65 gal fuge and a 29 gal fuge that i'm going to be removing soon and i dose 2ml twice a day.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: