Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello all:

As stated in tittle. I've had this clown for about 6months, never found out what kind it is. Any help if highly appreciated and thanks in advance.
9d78a5f52dd81f340968d909784e0ce8.jpg

Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i dont think wyoming white. I have a wyoming white and he is more white

I don't think it's either. I googled both and they don't look alike. The frostbite clown has orange fins, mine has all black fins. Unless he's still not mature and will eventually turn orange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nano

don't fear the reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
according to www.seaandreef.com, both the frostbite and wyoming's fins will turn black as they age. The flurry supposedly won't, for what it's worth.

from their website on Wyoming White:
" Their fins are dark shortly after metamorphosis and turn jet black as the fish grows."

from their website on Frostbite:
"The phenotype resembles mostly the Wyoming White with the uniform white coloration and fins that turn black with age. However, they have black irregular markings in the form of spots and blotches"

from their website on Flurry:
"They are similar to our Frostbite Clownfish, but our flurry Clownfish are either pure white or have only a few black spots. They have more orange coloration in the fins compared to Wyoming Whites that will develop all black fins."

The photos they have on their site are mostly juveniles.

Or just call it george...

Jose.hern621

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
according to www.seaandreef.com, both the frostbite and wyoming's fins will turn black as they age. The flurry supposedly won't, for what it's worth.

from their website on Wyoming White:
" Their fins are dark shortly after metamorphosis and turn jet black as the fish grows."

from their website on Frostbite:
"The phenotype resembles mostly the Wyoming White with the uniform white coloration and fins that turn black with age. However, they have black irregular markings in the form of spots and blotches"

from their website on Flurry:
"They are similar to our Frostbite Clownfish, but our flurry Clownfish are either pure white or have only a few black spots. They have more orange coloration in the fins compared to Wyoming Whites that will develop all black fins."

The photos they have on their site are mostly juveniles.

Or just call it george...

That's interesting. I'll have to really do my research. His name will be Frosty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: