Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Could anyone tell what that is in the middle? The tiny anemone like thing below the bumblebee snail. You can use full screen to have a better look at it. Also, please select HD for better resolution.

After 1:34, I turned off the side lights and it has a little better definition from the shadow. After 3:04, all the lights are off. Hope to get a better view of it.

[youtube]0p_RJbiKnIE[/youtube]

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Aiptasia has a single stem from the live rock, and then a flower like body, then the tentacles. The tentacles of the Aiptasia are pointy as well. I've seen it before, and this doesn't look like an aiptasia.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aip...ufVAhWK6YMKHbloA08Q_AUICigB&biw=1392&bih=1290

Yeah, I know what aptasia look like, I just wasnt able to really see the detail that great in the video and figured aptasia is the most common pest anemone. So was my best odds. haha.

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
No worry. I have an army of pods going to destroy it! :thrash:

Here is an extremely zoom view of it. You can see the pods are gathering. A giant one is already on it. :)

The video starts with 1X and zoom all the way into 5X. Make sure change the resolution to 1080P HD. Youtube tends to "auto" switch you to lower resolution for new uploads. To watch in full screen, you have to click on the "Youtube" button to watch in youtube site, then you can click on Full Screen.

[youtube]prqzwuSeM1k[/youtube]

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thank you. Apparently this type of particular pod love to eat algae. I looked around the live rock and I saw them chewing on different kind of algae on the rocks. I grow them to avoid the snail going starve. Never knew this pod eat them too. My 15g mix pod tank has tons of them. I have to keep thinning them out to avoid it to crash.

Last edited:

Wesley

Clownfish Pimp
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Drop by anytime. I work at home, you know. :)

Funny thing, this pod is still on it. No wonder it is 10-20 times bigger than most of the pods. Got a good front view of it this time. Don't forget to pick 1080P HD to get the best quality video.

[youtube]rd6j0EwmOBg[/youtube]

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: