jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
what kind of flatworms where they?
They have flatworms at tropical. Deffintly. That's how I infested my tank. I didn't dip them like an idiot. I bought a couple nice mini colonies about three months ago and now all my sps are gone. I noticed them when I picked up a purple nana and a tri color from them. I acclimated them in the bag and by that time my lights went off so I put a light up to the bag and noticed bite marks all over the colonies. It surprised me because the corals looked so healthy. I then dipped with coral rx and about 15 flatworms fell off. After that I checked my other sps and realized all my sps had bites. They deff have aefw in there Ora frag tank.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
actually my facts are NOT wrong..how many people were saying that not 1 but TWO of your precious LI fish stores had flat worms. Come on bro it's irresponsible to sell stuff like that. Plus HELLO if it's in their system it's EATING and KILLING the corals you are going to buy! You say its expensive for them to dip..How much MORE expensive is it to lose all the corals in your system? DERRR it's a no brainer

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
NO I'm not a vendor lol I'm just saying I can hook him up w/ non infested corals. We are really just busting eachother's balls. I am selling a few things though. Maybe I should become a vendor and be the only person who doesn't have a pest infested system. Hmm..maybe when I move

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
mabey but i think its wrong for the person who bought the corals not to dip them too i have 1000s and 1000s of dollars in my tank i dint trust anyone mabey we can meet half way on this one
yes its wrong for the owner to sell corals that have bugs and yes it worng that you dont dip them?
actually my facts are NOT wrong..how many people were saying that not 1 but TWO of your precious LI fish stores had flat worms. Come on bro it's irresponsible to sell stuff like that. Plus HELLO if it's in their system it's EATING and KILLING the corals you are going to buy! You say its expensive for them to dip..How much MORE expensive is it to lose all the corals in your system? DERRR it's a no brainer

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Nah bro we shouldn't have to dip corals if they are coming from a store just like you shouldn't have to order a meal at a restaurant then go home and cook it. It should be cooked when it's brought to you and your corals should be pest free. Sorry that's just the way I personally would run a business..the RIGHT way

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
J , they where and are aefw. I'm not mad at them. Mad at myself for not dipping them. Basically it's a learning curve if anything for me. Yeah spent money on them , but as I am going to be setting my new tank up and running in a month or so, I threw all my sps out.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Sorry to hear that buddy set up a qt tank too when you want sps come over and chop mine up
J , they where and are aefw. I'm not mad at them. Mad at myself for not dipping them. Basically it's a learning curve if anything for me. Yeah spent money on them , but as I am going to be setting my new tank up and running in a month or so, I threw all my sps out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Sorry to hear that buddy set up a qt tank too when you want sps come over and chop mine up

Lol, I'll do that. I'll bring the skill saw, lol. But ya , it sucks. Deff going to have a temp qt tank for any sps. Figure have it on standby. All it takes is a little extra time to make sure they are clean and free. Also the bayer insect treatment i might use for redbugs or just wip up an extra strength interceptor dip. I'm not going to risk going through bugs again.

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Interceptor kills red bugs. Not aefw. Coral rx will paralize them so u can release them from the coral. It dosnt kill the eggs either. Bayer insect treatment can kill them from what i'v seen, but still not the eggs. Best bet is to always cut the frag off the plug and glue up any dead skeleton to encase the eggs in glue so they can't hatch.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got orangy brown flatworms in my tank, I didnt dip my coral when i bought, but i really shouldnt have to.. what else can i do to get rid of them, i got a mystery wrasse actually picking at them but thats not much.. and all my levels are perfect, no trite or trates no amonia, ph 8.2, calcium 470, and no phosphates. idk what to do

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Flatworm exit will do the trick for you
I got orangy brown flatworms in my tank, I didnt dip my coral when i bought, but i really shouldnt have to.. what else can i do to get rid of them, i got a mystery wrasse actually picking at them but thats not much.. and all my levels are perfect, no trite or trates no amonia, ph 8.2, calcium 470, and no phosphates. idk what to do

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: