Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello, ive been reading around the forums and ive noticed that other people have been seeing flatworms at many local pet stores. I was in the tropical island on deer park ave last week and bought a nice green birds nest frag for about twenty bucks (not bad) but ive noticed that all of a sudden I have flatworms.. and ironically that frag died :( Ive noticed that flatworms have been talked about on the forums and also specifically tropical island.. two things, should i call em up and complain? and wat should I do to get rid of these pests....
-thanks

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hello, ive been reading around the forums and ive noticed that other people have been seeing flatworms at many local pet stores. I was in the tropical island on deer park ave last week and bought a nice green birds nest frag for about twenty bucks (not bad) but ive noticed that all of a sudden I have flatworms.. and ironically that frag died :( Ive noticed that flatworms have been talked about on the forums and also specifically tropical island.. two things, should i call em up and complain? and wat should I do to get rid of these pests....
-thanks

AEWF dont eat green bird nest so it must be something else wrong with your tank. How are you levels??

Red flatworms dont really kill sps. Like Andy says what does it look like because AEFW are impossible to see unless you turky base it and the red ones you use flatworm exit to kill them, Always dip coral

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
They have flatworms at tropical. Deffintly. That's how I infested my tank. I didn't dip them like an idiot. I bought a couple nice mini colonies about three months ago and now all my sps are gone. I noticed them when I picked up a purple nana and a tri color from them. I acclimated them in the bag and by that time my lights went off so I put a light up to the bag and noticed bite marks all over the colonies. It surprised me because the corals looked so healthy. I then dipped with coral rx and about 15 flatworms fell off. After that I checked my other sps and realized all my sps had bites. They deff have aefw in there Ora frag tank.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i dip and they are in qt tank no flat worms here buddy and i am sure you will meet alex soon mabey he got rid of them? i looked reallly really good found no signs of any yesterday mabey i should stop supporting the local and just buy onloine or from other members here becuze all lfs suck:bunnies: ha ha ha ha
LOL I see a new edition to yours as well..you must have felt like your nipples were a little too twisted haha I don't know everything or claim to just state the facts. Who's Alex? :scratch:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: