You mean this one !!!thats in my tank now
56F58A88.jpg

Yup it's a beauty.

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow awesome acan.

I was just at pet warehouse. I didn't have much time so I didn't get a good look at everything other then the new sps's that came in this week. I Picked up 3 nice frag's. 1 white and blue table acro that looks like it will turn out nice once it colors up and 2 other's that kind of look like millis but they are different.

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys lets keep this thread for what we see at the stores don't just say a store has great prices. If you want to say something like that give us something you saw or bought.

Also lets keep this thread about Long Island stores.

I am not trying to sound like a jerk but I want this thread to stay open

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have not been to pets warehouse in Copiague, but the Carle Place store did right by me today, even though they had no obligation to do so.

I picked up a purple torch from them on NYE and something initially struck me as odd with the coral's skeleton, but figured it was likely fine... It wasn't. The torch was pretty much on it's way out when I got it and today it melted. Ended up going with the coral and explained the situation, after some discussion, they agreed to deeply discount a couple of pieces to offset the loss.

Though I had to buy something else to make up my loss, I am happy to go back there in the future.

Another good thing about the store, not a dead fish in the DT's, a far cry from the unacceptable amount of dead fish I have seen in single visits to other stores.

Last edited:

rcharliesam

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The guy (forgot his name) there was telling me that the Copiague store has a lot more as far as coral goes. They are redoing the coral area in the Carle Place store so hopefully they will have more to offer soon.

Tropical Island is still a favorite for how they maintain their store, but Pets Warehouse is definitely a close second for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm new here to the forums and the hobby.

I just put together a 10 gallon tank. I live in Valley Stream, and I've only been to these three places.

Total Aquariums - 325 Sunrise Hwy, Lynbrook, NY
Aquarium Village - 473 Old Country Road, Westbury, NY
Pets Warehouse - 177 Glen Cove Road, Carle Place, NY 11514

Total Aquariums is the closest to me, but the smallest. Last time I was there, (Tues Jan. 22nd?) all their frags were the same. So I haven't gone back bc they tend to have the least selection.

Aquarium Village has the largest coral selection of the three, and nice employees, the only bad thing is that you can get forgotten as the employees tend to help just one person at a time.
I got my starting pieces from there yesterday, 4/$20 Green/Orange polyps, star polyps, blue mushroom & a green mushroom. But prob my fav of the 3.

I got my live rocks from Pets Warehouse. They're rebuilding their back coral area. They're gonna have like 4 more tanks, but right now it's just live rocks & large polyps pieces.

I think I'm gonna drive to the other PW in Copiague, I hear they've got a big selection.
What places would you guys suggest I stop by?

wharris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just in pets warehouse the other day in carle place. tons of new fish. and there coral selection was pretty good. i was talking with one of the employees there and she told me that they get all there corals from the sunrise location. i live closer to the carle place location for my dry goods and fish but when i want to go and get corals i head down to sunrise.

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
Just got back from Pet warehouse on sunrise. I will say what I always say when I go there. Just wow. Kevin over there has really stepped up the game. I was always a huge fan of there sps selection but today I was blown away by the lps selection. I saw some rainbow acan's that looked identical to a few I wanted to buy at the swap the other day. Pet warehouse was actually cheeper then the swap by 20 buck's. They also had some great looking chalices. For the most part all the staff knows what they are talking about but if you need that extra bit of advice try and go down there on a sat or sunday and talk to kevin. Just a all around good time when you want to stop by and look at something salty.

I also hit up country critters today. They did have a nice selection of coral's Defiantly alot more since the last time I was in there (4 months ago). I was really impressed by the large sps display tank. It was looking neglected there for a while but really looks good atm.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: