JOHANNA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I got an email yesterday from them. It's only open by appointment. Says they are a maintenance company now but have an expanded fish and coral room. Looks like they are in an industrial park now.

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there sometime during the summer. I picked up a over priced (3 times the price as BRS or aquarium specialty) little fish phosban reactor to use with my zeovit. I told them what I needed and the recommended some small little rio pump for it also. I told them I thought it was a little small and maybe I should go with the larger one. They told me I was wrong so I went with what they said. Well the pump would not even pump 1/4 of what I needed. I called them up to check the hours and was told they were open tomorrow 9- whatever. I went there the next day and they were closed I waited from 9-10:30 then came back at the end of the day and they were still closed. When I finally got a hold of them I first told them about how I drove from montauk and they were closed when they told me the day before they would be open. The answer I got was sorry we are here today if you want. Then I explained the situation about the pump. The answer I got was sorry nothing there is nothing they can do because I used it. Since then I have not tried to go back.

Oh yea 2 years ago I went there when I was first looking to get into saltwater and was not sure if I wanted to go reef or not. They tried to sell me a 110 gal tall (I could be wrong of the gallons) but it was like 36 inches tall and 14 inches deep but in no way good as a reef tank, metal halides wet dry system chiller and a ton of other stuff. The price was well over 6k. I asked them to give me a list of all the parts and prices so I could research it. I was told they don't give writen quotes with broken down prices because he did not want people taking his hard work and buying it on the internet.

Needles to say if they are open I would not ever go there if it was being run by the same people. I do believe the guy that was working the fish room that the manager/owner told me was a marine biologist is now over at country critter's. I don't remember his name but he seemed ok.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: